Just Saying Hello

Guest Sabb Alborz

Guest Sabb Alborz

Hey all! New player (signed up today). Just dropping by to say hello. I hope everyone's doing well and getting through this annoying pandemic safely.

P.S: Also have a quick question; I just got a 'starvation' achievement. Yay! I followed the tutorial and have a farm. Does this mean I should immediately build a second farm? There's a lot to go through obviously. It's going to take me a fair bit to get the hang of things. Additionally; a quick glance at the nations surprised me. A number of big nations have approval ratings at 0%. Is this due to inactivity or does it just stop being important when you get that large?

Edit: Just noticed that food production is reduced by -3.21% due to radiation as well.

Thanks guys/gals

Edited by Sabb Alborz

Hey @Sabb Alborz! Welcome to the game :) 

I wouldn't recommend building a farm because when you're just starting out, you don't have the infra/land you need to make it worthwhile. It'd be better for you to buy than grow your food. The approval ratings are affected by a number of things. I'd say the biggest reason most bigger nations are at zero is due to war. Approval ratings don't impact your nation though, so it's not too much a concern for them.

As another recommendation, you should look at joining an alliance before your time on beige is up. Definitely take your time and find one that suits you while you're protected on your current color but they'll keep you safe from being raided and help you learn the game.

Good luck!

• Like 1

BrOQBND.jpg

Guest Sabb Alborz
5 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

Hey @Sabb Alborz! Welcome to the game :) 

I wouldn't recommend building a farm because when you're just starting out, you don't have the infra/land you need to make it worthwhile. It'd be better for you to buy than grow your food. The approval ratings are affected by a number of things. I'd say the biggest reason most bigger nations are at zero is due to war. Approval ratings don't impact your nation though, so it's not too much a concern for them.

As another recommendation, you should look at joining an alliance before your time on beige is up. Definitely take your time and find one that suits you while you're protected on your current color but they'll keep you safe from being raided and help you learn the game.

Good luck!

Hi Adrienne! Thanks for the response. I'll buy food as you suggested. How often will I have to buy the food though? Any suggestions on next steps after the tutorials btw? I'm going through the objectives as I can.

Edit: Thanks for the suggestion on joining an alliance as well btw. I've received a heap of recruitment messages as it is. I'll try and pick one before the 14 days are up like you suggested.

Edited by Sabb Alborz

5 minutes ago, Sabb Alborz said:

Hi Adrienne! Thanks for the response. I'll buy food as you suggested. How often will I have to buy the food though? Any suggestions on next steps after the tutorials btw? I'm going through the objectives as I can.

If you look here, it'll show you how much food you use per day: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/revenue/.

I'd say focus on building your military and, for improvements outside of that, focus on mining resources (pick one of your three - oil, uranium, iron) and selling those. For resource improvements, the more you have of one kind, the more you produce, so pick one and focus on that. For military, I'd mostly just focus on barracks until you've grown a bit more.

• Like 1

BrOQBND.jpg

Guest Sabb Alborz
1 minute ago, Adrienne said:

If you look here, it'll show you how much food you use per day: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/revenue/.

I'd say focus on building your military and, for improvements outside of that, focus on mining resources (pick one of your three - oil, uranium, iron) and selling those. For resource improvements, the more you have of one kind, the more you produce, so pick one and focus on that. For military, I'd mostly just focus on barracks until you've grown a bit more.

That makes sense; thanks. I'll go sell the few resources that I've mined already.

Hello and welcome!

And as Adrienne said, you should buy what you need instead of producing stuff on your own, and raiding at your level is quite profitable, so start raiding as soon as you can, make bunch of cities, make sure you have a power plant according to your infra (nuclear is best but choose oil if you're choosing between oil and coal) and 5 barracks in them, then just recruit soldiers and start raiding.

But before that, join an alliance, they offer you "free" stuff and most importantly a community. (ask about 3 things before joining, taxes, grants and raiding restrictions)

tvPWtuA.gif

Hi there!

Join a alliance as soon as possible and ask them your questions.

There are different types of players with different ways to play.

It depends on how you choose to play the game.

Alliances can help most.

Guest Sabb Alborz
5 hours ago, Sam Cooper said:

Hello and welcome!

And as Adrienne said, you should buy what you need instead of producing stuff on your own, and raiding at your level is quite profitable, so start raiding as soon as you can, make bunch of cities, make sure you have a power plant according to your infra (nuclear is best but choose oil if you're choosing between oil and coal) and 5 barracks in them, then just recruit soldiers and start raiding.

But before that, join an alliance, they offer you "free" stuff and most importantly a community. (ask about 3 things before joining, taxes, grants and raiding restrictions)

4 hours ago, Roger said:

Hi there!

Join a alliance as soon as possible and ask them your questions.

There are different types of players with different ways to play.

It depends on how you choose to play the game.

Alliances can help most.

Thanks Sam and Roger. I'll do as you fellas suggested and look into joining an alliance (have applied).

For now this is what I've done so far:

1 farm, 10 oil wells, 2 oil power plants, 1 barracks, 1000 soldiers.

Sold oil and coal and bought a small stock of food.

Infra at 700; Land at 1000 sq miles.

Also have completed objectives till the creating a new city objective.

That's about it for now.

P.S: From what I understand, I won't be able to raid for 14 days if I want immunity from attacks. Let me know if I'm mistaken though. Thanks again.

Hello @Sabb Alborz
Yeah you correct if you attack anyone while under immunity(beige) you will lose it and can get attacked after that point. 
You earn more immunity by losing wars, even thought at your size it very few people that go for active nations as there is so many inactive(grey) nations around that don't fight back.
If you should decide to go raid, look for the ones that still have power in their cities, as that is sure sign that they have money. 

By the way i would also suggest you to join the discord of any alliance you like to join. It kinda became the main way alliances communicate internally in this game. And most alliance prefer new players apply thought their discord first.   

tenor (1).gif

Guest Sabb Alborz
2 hours ago, Zim said:

Hello @Sabb Alborz
Yeah you correct if you attack anyone while under immunity(beige) you will lose it and can get attacked after that point. 
You earn more immunity by losing wars, even thought at your size it very few people that go for active nations as there is so many inactive(grey) nations around that don't fight back.
If you should decide to go raid, look for the ones that still have power in their cities, as that is sure sign that they have money. 

By the way i would also suggest you to join the discord of any alliance you like to join. It kinda became the main way alliances communicate internally in this game. And most alliance prefer new players apply thought their discord first.   

Hi there Zim! Thanks for the response. I think I'll hold off on becoming too adventurous with the raiding for now. :P I'll keep what you said about the powered cities in mind though.

I've also joined discord so hopefully should find a place within an alliance soon if all goes well. Appreciate the advice!