One idea how to teach alliances like Red Guards a lesson

Jerry LeRow

The Red Guards consist of 10 nations atm, most of them tiny jokes of countries. Most of them are barely active ( http://politicsandwar.com/index.php?id=15&keyword=Red%20Guards&cat=alliance&ob=score&od=DESC&maximum=10&minimum=0&search=Go&memberview=true ), they're a joke of an alliance.

Demon's advantage is that he's in Europe, and the resources he has ( http://politicsandwar.wikia.com/wiki/Resources ) are the ones needed for steel. But if you analyze his cities, he only has 1 steel mill. This means he can only make 9 tanks per day as well as 6 tons of gasoline per day.

That again leads me to the assumption that he imports lots of his resources. And I'm right, look at his trade page ( http://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=5911&display=trade ) and you'll see what he sells to finance his costly wars and what he buys to even execute his communist-terrorist operations.

Combine that with the fact that he continuously takes money and resources from the alliance bank (and it looks like he robbed it now completely --> http://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=5911&display=bank ), and you get a picture of a sad, tiny, internally powerless nation. I mean he has about 1/2 of my score, but only 1/7 of my GDP.

So I propose we "attack" him with some longer-term strategy. Simply don't sell steel, gasoline or alu anymore on the open market, pack the "good" alliances in 1 massive shared market and thereby introduce "economic embargos" to the game. Don't buy any resources from DEMON and his alliance anymore (that's part of his income), don't sell any steel, alu or gasoline on the open market anymore (that's what he needs for his war machinery) and he will fail; I guarantee that.

That'd be one idea how to deal with misbehaving alliances. Of course, there will always be some who can sustain due to their own resource production, others will simply buy the resources from newbies who sell them on the open market. But it'd be worth an attempt imo.

Go ahead. Comment. What u waiting for? ;)

Edited by Jerry LeRow

Provide 10 percent, and the capital agree to any use, at 20 percent it becomes lively, with 50 percent positive ready to break his head, at 100 percent, he tramples on all human laws, at 300 percent there is no crime, to which he would not risk, even under pain of the gallows

Provide 10 percent, and the capital agree to any use, at 20 percent it becomes lively, with 50 percent positive ready to break his head, at 100 percent, he tramples on all human laws, at 300 percent there is no crime, to which he would not risk, even under pain of the gallows

that's beyond all logic. anything senseful to add to this suggestion? would it work from your point of view? ;)

I like the idea of cutting off the supply to rogue nations but instead of making a large complicated alliance bank, raise the price for the items that he imports like pushing metals to $2k+, Gas to $2k+, Food can even double because since he is mainly a military nation surviving off trades, the higher the price, the more it will harm.

But if it has to be done, we can make a super alliance trading type thing.

I like the idea of cutting off the supply to rogue nations but instead of making a large complicated alliance bank, raise the price for the items that he imports like pushing metals to $2k+, Gas to $2k+, Food can even double because since he is mainly a military nation surviving off trades, the higher the price, the more it will harm.

But if it has to be done, we can make a super alliance trading type thing.

Not a large complicated alliance bank. Just 1 large shared market and we then buy and sell in this one instead of the open market.

Trying to get the entire game to not sell their money making resources just isn't going to happen. And if it does, I will thoroughly enjoy making a !@#$ load of money while you all hold your resources.

Yes. Give capital its 300 percent interest rate and there is no crime, to which he would not risk, even under pain of the gallows

Jerry, I don't think it will work. If we stop selling things in global market  then where will those nation who needs them going to get those resources? OMG, I need aluminium, and I don't produce them then bcos you wanted to punish Demon then I got choked of those resources as well?...hey I am not a member of The Raiders Return or The Red Guards. please don't punish me at the same time when you are punishing them.

Can we make this an universal thing, everyone imposed an total embargo on the Raiders Return and Red Guard , plus we also embargo anyone who trades with them as well. otherwise this wont work as if we do it unilaterally , they can always buy from other nations who didn't embargoed them

What's with all the nvms?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

nvm

I know what was originally posted (by Tox at least) was he wrong? Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Nvm...

Edited by CMDR Adama

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.