Advanced economics

Odin

Would be nice to enhance the economics and the market flow a bit.

The idea is to strengthen supermarkets, banks and so on by 1-2% or more the more high-grade the building is, and also

introducing something like consumption.

So like alliance taxes you loose maybe 1-2% of all your resources/turn to the people (please except ammunition and uran from that, for political correctnes, haha :D  )

This is what actually brings you the revenue from markets, the "trade".

And in that way every Ressource would be actually needed ( unlike atm !@#$ty bauxite, oil and iron... you know what i mean if you try to sell them... )

And if you can't satisfy the people, they -> cant buy sth -> no trade -> income reduction like no food atm

So there would be higher profits for both,

supermarket doves with the higher income and

industry states who get profits through the faster market flow.

Ps: In Beige you should be exempt from that to lessen difficulty for beginners and war-victims.

Edited by Wilhelm II

but iron is used in steel and it already has a wide variety of applications ei: builds, ships ... complaining that iron or bauxite are useless is kind of a stretch since you use them to refine resources that you actually need maybe not right now but eventually you will

tumblr_n08c8brOmX1sk379io6_250.gif

Going for top nation

Even in the beta they never got high prices on the market, wheres for example coal had double use, for coalplant and steel.

Just Oilprices i know will rise, when the Panzer-time comes.

The fun about this game for me as a true Dutchstyle trader is, that even if there are turns just every 2 hours, the market is all time in motion. And  if the people have more money and at the same time need more ressources, im sure this will benefit the gameplay :D

i also played in beta and i know that the steel price never got high however i am convinced that is because the majority of the playerbase starts in north america or europe (bout 600 nations) all having the possibility of creating steel -> hence there is more competition which means the profit margin will decrease

Going for top nation

Whatever, that isn't the point, the point is, theres this factor called 'trade' form supermarkets etc.

Now we know trade isn't done by supermarkets, its only by the player.

So the factor trade means the trade between people and your country.

But (country)people are just buying food from markets, thats the only form of privatized consumption in the game.

The rest is all public expenses in form of land, infra and buildings.

So one could at least simulate that there are other industries except steel and alu workshops.

And starting with this and introducing the factor 'people'/'peoples demand', im sure there can be done more following that, like events, and some real impact of your social and economic policies.

so basically what you are suggesting is a gradual decay of your resource stock (coz people demand lets say steel to build their houses or w/e)

the problem is based on average price of resources the average daily profit of one mine/ refinery is ( note the calculation is average price*yield - daily upkeep)

• gasoline:$786*(6)-($4000)=($716)

• oil:($1128)

• coal:($2397)

• uranium:($3355)

• steel:($9221)

• iron:($14)

• munition:($10144)

• lead:($2900)

• Aluminum: ($6725)

• Bauxite: ($1796)

​so we have to make sure that we don't tax too much iron for example since that will make it unprofitable to build and iron mine ( if you plan on just selling iron)

Going for top nation

Even in the beta they never got high prices on the market, wheres for example coal had double use, for coalplant and steel.

Just Oilprices i know will rise, when the Panzer-time comes.

The fun about this game for me as a true Dutchstyle trader is, that even if there are turns just every 2 hours, the market is all time in motion. And  if the people have more money and at the same time need more ressources, im sure this will benefit the gameplay :D

Our good old trade battles were fun, until i failed at lost up to a million :P.

Anyway, Ura prices will rise, same with oil, and always with steel.

Iron isn't useless, if you stockpile and just sell by selling steel. :D

Though I do agree with the idea.

Edited by Evrid

Yes, i love the tradebattles xD 

I know that Problem, everytime i think "yes bought everything off, now i can sell for 300% , some dudes sells 100000000 units for the old low price -.-'''

Well, i did write percentage like tax, maybe thats bad thought of me, cause you cant tax sth, what you dont produce,

Better maybe 

1 human needs 0,000005

200000 need 1 

of a resource/day

Consumption-Goods would be just: Steel, Aluminiums, Gasoline    | Food remains at it is

Except Northamerica, they additionaly need ammunitions, mwahahaha xD  joke...

It could be even made, that having enough of a ressource gives a plain 1% bonus to income.

So 3% at max, total revenue bonus.  

And this factor counts per city and could maybe multiplied with the tradefactor  like 3% * 1,20 (20% Trade) =3,6% Bonusincome for having all 3 ressources + 5 banks  additional to the current income.

And that up to a factor of 3%*2.15 (115% trade with this internatioanl financething) =6,45%

Well, dont know atm if thats too much win,  too low ressource-consumption, or in all just bullcrap.

Its just a suggestion^^

That will support people buying from the market

and support producing for the market. 

Edited by Wilhelm II

so basically what you are suggesting is a gradual decay of your resource stock (coz people demand lets say steel to build their houses or w/e)

the problem is based on average price of resources the average daily profit of one mine/ refinery is ( note the calculation is average price*yield - daily upkeep)

• gasoline:$786*(6)-($4000)=($716)

• oil:($1128)

• coal:($2397)

• uranium:($3355)

• steel:($9221)

• iron:($14)

• munition:($10144)

• lead:($2900)

• Aluminum: ($6725)

• Bauxite: ($1796)

​so we have to make sure that we don't tax too much iron for example since that will make it unprofitable to build and iron mine ( if you plan on just selling iron)

did you calculate the other costs into munitions, gasoline, steel and aluminium? (the costs of the resources). Steel costs its upkeep, plus the cost of the upkeep for half a coal mine and half an iron mine. edit: also, average price is not the value to go off, lowest selling price is.

Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

• Administrators

Another thing to keep in mind is that any nation can manufacture any resource. You see coal and iron are cheap? Buy a lot of them both, build a steel mill, and profit off of it. Same thing goes for lead, oil, and bauxite. Take advantage of the fluctuations in the market, the raw resources are certainly not worthless.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I don't like alliance taxes, as there will be bound to be leader imposing alliance tax and then using the tax to build up his/her own nation. that is absolutely unacceptable .

If an Alliance leader is abusing the tax system for his own personal gain, you need to find a new alliance. The tax system is perfectly functional and useful in game.

BbWk4MB.jpg