Bulk import to selected cities

Soxirella

Instead of having just one button to import city config to all cities, can we have a checkbox where we can choose which cities to have the tool import the config to.

So instead of running your code on a list of all cities, you'd run it on an array of chosen items.

• Upvote 4

I don't think this can be implemented cause Alex has denied new feature requests to import system multiple times because (I Quote)

Probably not, only because it works as is, and I set it up as-is because it was easy to configure with the existing code. To do a preview would require a drastic reconfiguration of the import system

Simply said, he's got a pretty screwed backend which he is not getting to time to fix. Which is also fine since he made this game as a kid. Just saying.

Edited by WarGamer

On 7/10/2018 at 9:37 PM, Columbus Griffin said:

I don't think this can be implemented cause Alex has denied new feature requests to import system multiple times because (I Quote)

Simply said, he's got a pretty screwed backend which he is not getting to time to fix. Which is also fine since he made this game as a kid. Just saying.

Technically speaking, he is probably running the config in a loop of some kind. So in PHP it may be something such as:

foreach ($cities as $city) {
    $city->import($json_input);
}

He just needs to add a second box where we'd put:

[city1,city2,city3]

Then the code would change to...

$city_list = [city1,city2,city3];
foreach ($city_list as $city) {
    $city->import($json_input);
}

Edited by Soxirella
  • Upvote 1