The Losers of Lordaeron

Dubayoo

Young pirates and young Lordies. Seeing the youth playing around is so encouraging for the future of the game. :v

I wish both sides learn a lot from this experience.   ^_^

And you are?

aka Filip, The Royalist or Tremor

...so in other words, you're just sucking up to Lord here.  You're totally biased in your judgment and have no clarity at all.

Got ya.

Dude... No one sucks up to Lordy...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

...one guy originally attacked deleted his own country, and the other guy got removed from the alliance.

*Scratches head before chuckling*

• 2 weeks later...

These people never learn.

The more you go after Arrgh, the more you do the rest of the world a favor.  Of course others will cheer for you.  They want you to take care of things for them.

It's called flattering someone's ego into arrogance.  You really don't get this?  You've never told someone they're doing a good job so they do your job for you?

On 6/14/2017 at 9:59 AM, Dubayoo said:

Well...

...one guy originally attacked deleted his own country, and the other guy got removed from the alliance.

*Scratches head before chuckling*

1) Yeah, one guy decided that he no longer wanted to play because his neighborhood was going through violent gang warfare and he had more important things to worry about suddenly

2) The other guy was always sort of inactive because he's trying to get into medical school. As he got busier he decided that he didn't want to play anymore.

Now I have seen you around on Discord and I think you're a smart cookie, but just stop; maybe your ideas are just to novel for us old fashioned folks. Regardless of their activity, we wished to protect them because we deemed it the honorable and the just thing to do. I didn't need much scrutiny to see the B.S., logical acrobatics that you employed to justify the raids. To me this was personal because I knew these people. I voice-chatted them, played games together, talked about our lives. They weren't just faceless members of the alliance to me. I genuinely care about the members of Lordaeron under me. So personally, it's a slap to the face for you to come into my house, try to rob me, and then to my face, lecture me on why I should've let it happen.  To me it's simple; we govern the alliance as we see fit.

• Upvote 5

Each of us bears his own Hell - Virgil

6 hours ago, Chidz said:

1) Yeah, one guy decided that he no longer wanted to play because his neighborhood was going through violent gang warfare and he had more important things to worry about suddenly

2) The other guy was always sort of inactive because he's trying to get into medical school. As he got busier he decided that he didn't want to play anymore.

Now I have seen you around on Discord and I think you're a smart cookie, but just stop; maybe your ideas are just to novel for us old fashioned folks. Regardless of their activity, we wished to protect them because we deemed it the honorable and the just thing to do. I didn't need much scrutiny to see the B.S., logical acrobatics that you employed to justify the raids. To me this was personal because I knew these people. I voice-chatted them, played games together, talked about our lives. They weren't just faceless members of the alliance to me. I genuinely care about the members of Lordaeron under me. So personally, it's a slap to the face for you to come into my house, try to rob me, and then to my face, lecture me on why I should've let it happen.  To me it's simple; we govern the alliance as we see fit.

As I've said before, this game is not real life.  The morals we uphold with regards to property rights and decency don't apply here.

This is a game.  People play games to win.  If you're irrational in implementing a rational strategy because you're obsessed with believing this game is a heads-up competition of you versus another, then indeed, your alliance is a losing alliance.

7 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

As I've said before, this game is not real life.  The morals we uphold with regards to property rights and decency don't apply here.

This is a game.  People play games to win.  If you're irrational in implementing a rational strategy because you're obsessed with believing this game is a heads-up competition of you versus another, then indeed, your alliance is a losing alliance.

You do realize that one of the main purposes of joining an alliance is defense against raiders? I'm pretty sure most recruitment messages and alliance info pages explicitly state it. So would that not make you irrational for raiding an alliance that explicitly states it will protect it's members, then getting upset when they in fact, do exactly what they said they would do?

I don't know what alliances you have been in, nor what games, but alliances that dont look out for their members don't last long, thereby making them losers. So in a sense this would make lordareon.... Winners....

Wait, wtf did I just say?

PS: your bullshit in this thread is so much fun, please keep it going

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Felkey said:

You do realize that one of the main purposes of joining an alliance is defense against raiders? I'm pretty sure most recruitment messages and alliance info pages explicitly state it. So would that not make you irrational for raiding an alliance that explicitly states it will protect it's members, then getting upset when they in fact, do exactly what they said they would do?

I don't know what alliances you have been in, nor what games, but alliances that dont look out for their members don't last long, thereby making them losers. So in a sense this would make lordareon.... Winners....

Wait, wtf did I just say?

PS: your bullshit in this thread is so much fun, please keep it going

In other games where I've been an alliance leader, I've recognized a few points:

1) You should recruit raiders since they tend to be active and decent military players at least.

2) Defending your members doesn't mean you destroy raiders.  Destruction is the method of last resort.  Before destroying them, you warn them and ask for damages if the raiding has been substantial.  

3) It doesn't help your alliance to relieve other alliances from having to deal with raiders. 

4) It's typically a good idea to ignore raids on inactive members since it reminds your members to remain active.  As an alliance leader, you don't want inactive membership.  An alliance that's fluffed up with inactive members becomes an arrogant alliance when confronted by a substantial opponent.

Edited by Dubayoo