The Losers of Lordaeron

Dubayoo

I support Lordaeron applying counter-measures to Piracy.

We could attempt as a community to legitimize the reasoning behind this mindset but why waste the time?

In the end it boils down to "why not?"

If you raid, expect to be countered. End of discussion.

Thinking otherwise is simply asinine.

If you play games like this for "Why not?" then you're wasting your time.  There are much better things to do for the sake of chaotic creativity.

Dude really? You want to argue this? I always do say if you're going to raid know the risks and be prepared for worst case scenarios when you get countered and I'll assume there's a lot of worst case scenarios when countered. And honestly if it means you leave their members alone, then why should they care what you think is rationale or even what you think in general. If you honestly did leave them alone after this, its a success to them. If you haven't learned your lesson well have fun relearning.

You clearly didn't read the OP.  There's no reason to respond to this.

Dude, you and your friends already wrecked the military of one of our alliance members simply for not logging in for a week and another one who had logged in hours before you declared who you still haven't given a good reason for attacking. We're simply doing to you what you did to them, and since you didn't give them time to prepare, I don't know why we should have done the same thing for you. If you're gonna post your warchest to the forums and declare on active members of a top 20 alliance, you should expect to get attacked and prepare accordingly. The fact that you didn't is on you. You messed up, and you're getting punished for it.

...and?

I was asked to stop and I stopped.  Your alliance countered anyway.  On top of that, if you were rational, you could have and should have asked for damages before threatening overwhelming force.

The bottomline is you overcommitted.  There is no such thing as punishment in a game like this.  

Anyway, I talked with a few people on Discord about this last night in various channels and over DMs and came to a few consensuses.

The bottomline is the only people who are going to sympathize with Lordaeron here are its fanbois and those who just hate raiders.  You'll also have trolls who just like jumping on the bandwagon.  None of these people have legitimate positions or should be taken seriously.  Just brush them off.

Anyone who's rational understands how raiders are a temporary threat.  If you overcommit, then you relieve rival alliances from being raided.  This doesn't have to do just with present strength either.  It also has to do with future strength.  Any loot a raider plunders from you will be invested into the raider's strength and used to hit the next guy. 

On top of that, any preparation you setup to counter raiders is preparation not dedicated to dealing with something else.  It's a missed opportunity.  The only preparation you should have is addressing when raiders become a serious threat that's comparable to actually being attacked by another alliance.  Furthermore, this ignores transition of raiders into regular players.  Raiders know they can't raid forever (unless they're the leading raiders who are mentoring the culture of raiding).  Eventually, they'll settle down and join someone else.  If you smash raiders though, then they're not going to join you.  

On top of that, any raiders who you recruit over the short-term will discourage raiding over the long-term.  Raider recruitment basically becomes a competition.  Whoever recruits the most raiders gets the raiders to attack their rivals.

Anyone who doesn't get this is just slowing the game down, making it a more boring experience.  Raiders discourage inactivity.

Maybe that's why people hate raiders though.  They want to slow the game down and make it boring.  Basically, they're trolling the game's very existence. 

Edited by Argotitan

Wow, I never knew raiding was such an intellectual art. This thread has really expanded my horizons.

Yet another Lord Fanboi fails in trying to be provocatively sarcastic.

It's more like a bunch of people who think they're smarter than they really are band together to feel good about themselves.  Someone calls them out on their problematic reasoning, yet they just don't like it.

I'm not really surprised though.  You see this among older players in games when they're stuck in their ways.  They don't want to adapt, so they lash out.

In fact, I'm inclined to believe this because one of the counter CBs was, "try not to brag" which made no sense whatsoever.  I hadn't bragged about anything at all.  If anything, it suggests the real motive for them countering so hard was they were jealous of how much progress I made in such a short period of time.

That just goes to show how irrational Lord really is.

Edited by Argotitan

Just FYI - Mensa and quite a few other alliances will down declare on raiders too.

It's a good way of using your City count advantage to quickly end a raider.

Yea, I've looked throughout conflicts and considered that.

It seems to go hand in hand with why the gameworld's stagnating.  Raiders are being inhibited from recycling resources.  It's creating a situation where the oldest players who have saved the most just sit around on their stockpiles while allying up.  

That said, PnW isn't the only game suffering from this.  There are many games that have been losing members for years from stagnant diplomacy and stale resources.

Edited by Argotitan

One of the counterers goes, "Then there's no harm in doing this."

The harm principle doesn't apply here.  We're playing a game.  This isn't real life.  

• Like 1

I don't watch cartoons, but I'm guessing the green guy never learns to defend himself.  He always depends on someone else and can never quite be depended on.

Some people can't win a fight without a 2v1.  When they're confronted by a 2v2 later on, they get crushed.

The only difference here is the 2v2 already happened.  Lord knows it can't fight a fair fight.  It has to sabotage its opponents before they get an opportunity to build up.

On the other hand, it doesn't know how to entice powerful adversaries into its ranks either.  

I would love to see you pull that shit to any other major alliance, when you recover from getting rolled.

Also you keep saying this isn't real life. Although it is true, as long as players are "human", gameplay will reflect the real-life interactions. So just like when someone in your family gets attacked and you beat the shit out of that punk, when a member of your alliance gets attacked, he goes down. Simple as that. 

Many people also kept explaining the benefits of rolling a raider to death to the reputation of the alliance but as far as i see, you are just ignoring them. Therefore, I conclude that you are just trolling the whole orbis by saying:

The bottomline is the only people who are going to sympathize with Lordaeron here are its fanbois and those who just hate raiders.  You'll also have trolls who just like jumping on the bandwagon.  None of these people have legitimate positions or should be taken seriously.  Just brush them off.

People play this game this way. You are closing your eyes to everyone that explains how wrong are you and you keep ignoring and ridiculously saying "everyone is stupid blah blah". If you can adapt it, play it. If not beat it, kid.

Edited by Bonfolit
  • Upvote 2

yup, 100% troll. 

Who you? 

If you want to discuss something, take the time to actually read through things instead of nitpicking at what someone says and jumping to cynical conclusions.

I have read through all pages and I have seen everyone from different alliances agreeing our roll policy and explaining to you why. I have not seen a single post of you that counters many arguments made by Shiho Nishizumi, Thalmor, Partisan and many more. Instead, I have seen you picking some sentences of their whole page of arguments and trying to fit your ideas, petty. Nobody has to accept your ideas of gameplay and countering. You might have had another idea of game while joining this but apparently it is not. Nobody has the right to "right our wrongs". Thanks for sharing your ideas, but we hold every right to negotiate or crush any raiders. Sorry, not sorry.

I have read through all pages and I have seen everyone from different alliances agreeing our roll policy and explaining to you why.

That's nice.

Have you considered that those alliances are friends of the alliance in question and don't represent a cross-section of the community in general?

Next time you read something, analyze it for what it means.  Don't compare your interpretation versus the interpretation of others.

Argotitan was like "yeeeeeeeeee moneyz" and then Lord A-aron "not this time kid" so Argotitan *huge butthurt* and then 5 pages and Argotitan *still huge butthurt*

No video this time? :(

That's nice.

Have you considered that those alliances are friends of the alliance in question and don't represent a cross-section of the community in general?

Next time you read something, analyze it for what it means.  Don't compare your interpretation versus the interpretation of others.

So eeeevryone is against you in some big conspiracy thing or something ?

My suggestion to you would be to stop being butthurt and play it carefully next time, but you are so childish you will reply with "why do i care what you suggest?" or something. So do whatever you do, but don't be surprised when you do the same thing and hit another wall again.

Implying this will actually affect him. :v

Well, he obviously is still butthurt that he tries to justify his claims after getting rolled.