Helping Homeless Illegal?

WISD0MTREE

I have neither the time nor the will to attempt to argue logic with morons.

Forcing ICs to accept everyone even if they have brain cancer is practically killing the ICs. 

See what I mean?

You can also throw in some "yo mamma" jokes for flavor, just don't over-do it.

yo mamma so fat she be fat ;)

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Forcing ICs to accept everyone even if they have brain cancer is practically killing the ICs.

Crocodile-Tears.jpg

I feel for them - I really do.

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.

Wait, is he really lobbying for us to stop covering people who have brain cancer? Are you serious right now? Those people are the only thing we can use to develop brain cancer research. Not only do you want to kill them, but you want to stop our research of such a serious disease? And just never figure out how to treat it? They only live a few months. Just get them lots of Heroin to nod out on, and do your best to try to help the next generation stop this shit.

Wait, is he really lobbying for us to stop covering people who have brain cancer?

Yep. You know the saying: "better dead than Red!"

• Upvote 1

Can't Stop The Signal.

Wait, is he really lobbying for us to stop covering people who have brain cancer?

Are you serious right now?

Not only do you want to kill them, but you want to stop our research of such a serious disease?

And just never figure out how to treat it? 

Never said that. I said that ICs shouldn't be forced to bring in new members with brain cancer. You know, like under Obamadoesn'tcare. 

Are YOU serious? You need to learn to read... Unless if you are using Google Translate. Then I would understand. or bing translate

Have I said "kill" in this entire thread? nope.avi

I never said stop research either I said that the ICs shouldn't be forced to accept new members with brain cancer. I never said "research" in this thread either (except this post)

Please read before trying to make intelligent posts. 

I don't think I've ever heard anyone oppose the Affordable Care Act because it's unfair to insurance companies.

I'm a little tickled by this argument.

• Upvote 2

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

I don't think I've ever heard anyone oppose the Affordable Care Act because it's unfair to insurance companies.

But Capitalism!!!11!1!one11!1

Can't Stop The Signal.

But you just said that the ACA is fair to everyone

Hmm... You need a healthy dose of Hypocrite A Way. 

EDIT

Did I forget to say that the higher average amount of money needed for treatments will raise the cost for people paying? 

Also, it's swiss cheese. Too many loopholes. Time to go to my 39 hour job! Oh, no! I worked 40 hours. I guess I'm fired now because my employer can't afford the insurance. 

What about factory workers who make stuff here? Another incentive to move to China. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE

But you just said that the ACA is fair to everyone

Hmm... You need a healthy dose of Hypocrite A Way. 

Before my last post, I hadn't said anything about the ACA in this entire thread, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Even so, it's not hypocritical to note that you are making an argument that something is unfair when I don't believe it is unfair.

In fact, the ACA is one of the most insurance-friendly laws ever imagined. It's right up there with the nationwide prevalence of state laws mandating automobile insurance.

Edited by Grillick
  • Upvote 1

Before my last post, I hadn't said anything about the ACA in this entire thread, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Even so, it's not hypocritical to note that you are making an argument that something is unfair when I don't believe it is unfair.

In fact, the ACA is one of the most insurance-friendly laws ever imagined. It's right up there with the nationwide prevalence of state laws mandating automobile insurance.

You preached fairness for everybody about redistribution of wealth. Unless someone got your password. 

Yeah. Making ICs accept everyone - regardless of their current health - is friendly to them. Because they love to lose money on 94 year olds who smoked all their lives, suicidal sociopaths, and idiots living off the government spending most of their money on weed. 

I double-checked the thread before I posted that statement, and it has nothing to do with someone hijacking my password: there is no such statement. Show it to me. If it's in a different thread, then that's another matter, but that's related to an entirely different conversation in a completely different context, so I don't really see the merit to your argument there either.

And yes, making insurance companies accept everyone is the price they pay for us making everyone buy their product, whether that person wants to or not. It's totally fair, and I have no doubt it brings in far more revenue than it costs.

Edit: After a second re-reading of the thread, I still don't see what you're talking about...but I see a post from Don Juan that might be what you're talking about. Maybe look at the poster and not just the Alliance Pip?

Edited by Grillick

I double-checked the thread before I posted that statement, and it has nothing to do with someone hijacking my password: there is no such statement. Show it to me. If it's in a different thread, then that's another matter, but that's related to an entirely different conversation in a completely different context, so I don't really see the merit to your argument there either.

And yes, making insurance companies accept everyone is the price they pay for us making everyone buy their product, whether that person wants to or not. It's totally fair, and I have no doubt it brings in far more revenue than it costs.

Edit: After a second re-reading of the thread, I still don't see what you're talking about...but I see a post from Don Juan that might be what you're talking about. Maybe look at the poster and not just the Alliance Pip?

I'll look for it soon. 

More revenue =/= more profit. 

Profit: the monetary surplus left to a producer or employer after deducting wages, rent, cost of raw materials, etc.: The company works on a small margin of profit.

Revenue: the return or yield from any kind of property, patent, service, etc.; income.

They accept(ed) people they could profit off of and didn't accept (or charged higher) people who aren't as profitable. Now that they have to accept everyone, most of the people are unprofitable or won't pay their bill. 

EDIT: Didn't see it. I guess I got confused because you were defending them. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE

revenue =/= more profit.

Please do me the favor of following the same instructions you gave me. "More revenue than it costs" = profit
  • Upvote 1

Not true. Whole hosts of people for whom buying health insurance is not profitable (mostly young, healthy men) have been forced to buy a product (or have had their employers forced to buy a product) from the insurance companies. In exchange for forcing them to do that, we insist the insurance companies accept everyone. The revenues from the former category more than make up for the costs of the latter category. I've said it clearly three times now. I'm not sure how you could possibly misunderstand. I known you're not an idiot. I can only conclude that you are deliberately missing the point.

• Upvote 1

Not true. Whole hosts of people for whom buying health insurance is not profitable (mostly young, healthy men) have been forced to buy a product (or have had their employers forced to buy a product) from the insurance companies. In exchange for forcing them to do that, we insist the insurance companies accept everyone. The revenues from the former category more than make up for the costs of the latter category. I've said it clearly three times now. I'm not sure how you could possibly misunderstand. I known you're not an idiot. I can only conclude that you are deliberately missing the point.

You are missing MY point! 

They will be making less money from the people with freaking type 4 brain cancer, so they will have to:

1. Cut costs (most likely employees)

2. Raise the price

Therefore the poor that you are indirectly defending will get !@#$ed over somehow. They will get laid off or have to pay more. 

Do I need to use pictures to explain? 

You are correct. The insurance companies would make more money if we forced everyone to attempt to buy their product, and allowed them to refuse to sell to people they chose not to.

I fail to see how this is a valid criticism of the Affordable Care Act, though.

You are missing MY point!

They will be making less money from the people with freaking type 4 brain cancer, so they will have to:

1. Cut costs (most likely employees)

2. Raise the price

Therefore the poor that you are indirectly defending will get !@#$ed over somehow. They will get laid off or have to pay more.

Do I need to use pictures to explain?

Or they could cut costs by not awarding their executives such obscene salary and benefits packages, or by not spending as much money on lobbying politicians...

Can't Stop The Signal.

You are correct. The insurance companies would make more money if we forced everyone to attempt to buy their product, and allowed them to refuse to sell to people they chose not to.

I fail to see how this is a valid criticism of the Affordable Care Act, though.

Now who was it that needs to read the actual thing? 

Or they could cut costs by not awarding their executives such obscene salary and benefits packages, or by not spending as much money on lobbying politicians...

You know that they won't do that. Come on. 

They should, though. 

You know that they won't do that. Come on.

They should, though.

They should be made to do that.

Elections should be completely publicly funded and all donations banned.

• Upvote 1

Can't Stop The Signal.

Except this will never happen here because the politicians have all been bought. But yeah, you'd be right if it were a possibility.

• Upvote 3

Maybe in Europe...

And what? A salary cap for the execs? So Steve Jobs who worked his !@#$ off only gets up to (insert amount here), but the 24 year old cashier who works 39 hours (and barely pays attention at work) a week and stays at home playing CoD gets $100 an hour?

EDIT: Hereno, guns can fix that in a REVOLUTION

Wait. NSA. :(

Edited by WISD0MTREE

Actually, public funding of elections would be a very minor expense.

You could entirely fund it by closing a few military bases in parts of world where you don't really need a military presence - like Western Europe.

And what? A salary cap for the execs? So Steve Jobs who worked his !@#$ off only gets up to (insert amount here), but the 24 year old cashier who works 39 hours (and barely pays attention at work) a week and stays at home playing CoD gets $100 an hour?

Where have I said that cashiers should get paid $100 an hour?

I also don't support a strict maximum wage - however, I do support increasing tax brackets on very high incomes.

• Upvote 1

Can't Stop The Signal.

Actually, public funding of elections would be a very minor expense.

You could entirely fund it by closing a few military bases in parts of world where you don't really need a military presence - like Western Europe.

Where have I said that cashiers should get paid $100 an hour?

I also don't support a strict maximum wage - however, I do support increasing tax brackets on very high incomes.

[h-thread]

Have you seen campaigns here? 

Hey, we already cut our military spending in half and ending a war. 

Hey, you said 

Hey, Steve Jobs wasn't sitting around duct taping a few random things to make the Mac. The CEO of most companies do a little more than garbage truck drivers, so they should have a little bigger pay check. 

Hey, you said 

Hey, Steve Jobs wasn't sitting around duct taping a few random things to make the Mac. The CEO of most companies do a little more than garbage truck drivers, so they should have a little bigger pay check.

Uh, no I didn't. I don't recall having ever passed comment on Steve Jobs or Apple at all in any of my discussions on economics or politics here.

Can't Stop The Signal.