Limit Nuclear "Stockpiling" + Buff Vital Defense System (Balance)

Ace

Well.

You could have vital defense system allow you to build anti-ballistic missiles, and have a policy of how many ABMs you fire whenever you have a nuclear missile coming your way.

Instead of a fixed -20%, it becomes a stackable -20%, if you are willing to fire 3 ABMs per incoming nuke, you have a 51% chance of nuclear devastion, not too bad.

Well.

You could have vital defense system allow you to build anti-ballistic missiles, and have a policy of how many ABMs you fire whenever you have a nuclear missile coming your way.

Instead of a fixed -20%, it becomes a stackable -20%, if you are willing to fire 3 ABMs per incoming nuke, you have a 51% chance of nuclear devastion, not too bad.

The issue being is that people will crunch the numbers, work out that x ABMs is the most efficient number, accounting for chance of nuke destruction and the cost of the nuke vs the cost of the ABMs. After that, no one will likely use anything but that number of ABMs.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

The issue being is that people will crunch the numbers, work out that x ABMs is the most efficient number, accounting for chance of nuke destruction and the cost of the nuke vs the cost of the ABMs. After that, no one will likely use anything but that number of ABMs.

i think the simple solution would be to make 100% nuke protection worth the same as the nuke hitting you. (ie the more area you need to cover the more it costs to launch ABMs to hit nukes. or whatever to make it make sense)

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

Given that everyone says nukes are only a weapon used in losing wars, including myself, and that is where their value comes from, do we really need to nerf them?  No one wins wars with nukes, but it is the last line of defense.

And from my reports, the VDS is already blocking way more than 20%.  I think we saw them block 30-35% of nukes.  Plus it's already so extremely easy to destroy 1 month's worth of spies in 2 days.  That should be enough defense against nukes; spying nukes + VDS.

This basically ends up being this suggestion:

Should we make war easier for the winning side and less easy for the losing side?

On behalf of Alpha I'd like an feature where my nation drops nukes on all my opponents automatically so I don't have to log in and play the gane.

If you can't contribute to this OOC suggestion please don't post.  Leave your butthurt for the IC sections of the forums please.

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 1