VIP image upload problem

Odin

What were you doing (or trying to do):

Upload images in the VIP page

What happened (describe thoroughly please):

When i want to change my spy pic, it seems now all pics are too big. Even though the one i wanted to upload isn't even as big as indicated.

And the others are, of course, already uploaded.

Link to page: -

Any other relevant information: The content of this thread: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15678-place-limits-on-image-sizes/

Screenshot: (if available)

096b350a5ce247ccbbfa0a1fb4c38a32.png

• Administrators

I can't seem to duplicate the error. When you update your military images, it attempts to update all of your military images - it does appear that your Aircraft, Missile, and Nuclear Weapon images are all greater than 400x400, but I don't know why you would get more than 3 errors saying your military images need to be 400x400 pixels max.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I can't seem to duplicate the error. When you update your military images, it attempts to update all of your military images - it does appear that your Aircraft, Missile, and Nuclear Weapon images are all greater than 400x400, but I don't know why you would get more than 3 errors saying your military images need to be 400x400 pixels max.

Alright. I try to change them all to 400x400 or less later today.

Just wondering because at one point i obviously could upload them :blink:  

Had a similar error earlier this month, it was due to  one of my other images somehow being larger than the limit (I guess it was grandfathered in or something). Once I resized that one, everything worked fine.

• Upvote 1

I will take responsibility for what I have done, if I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.

Doesn't work. Nothing works.

I tried to remove all pictues. Avatar, Religious icon, Header, background and all military ones.

The result from a "blank page":

c827c2654ab84386b5d2a7ff4bb5de4c.png

I'm not even able to remove my pictures.

I could change the military pics to default. 

Changing the rest still doesn't work. Even removing every single link ends up in the error message above.

Can you remove them by hand? :S

Got it solved. 

The Avatar had a size of 600x600, and broke the rest. I couldn't remove it, only replace it with another picture.

Wonder why it this problem occured now though (even though i initially could upload it.)

Edited by Odin

• Administrators

I could change the military pics to default. 

Changing the rest still doesn't work. Even removing every single link ends up in the error message above.

Can you remove them by hand? :S

Got it solved. 

The Avatar had a size of 600x600, and broke the rest. I couldn't remove it, only replace it with another picture.

Wonder why it this problem occured now though (even though i initially could upload it.)

Size restrictions were added recently after some users decided it would be fun to use huge images that were GBs in filesize. I didn't wipe everyone's images when I added in the restrictions, i.e. they were not retroactive. I just removed the largest offenders that were causing folks' computers to fail.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link