Novus Ceremony [July 29th Events]

Aksel

[ooc: this thread is for events taking place on July 29th at Novus only - keep it organized]

Fdhk4rj.png

Good Morning Guests!!

*Theron says quite loudly on the Hostel intercom*

It is July 29th! The events of this weekend kick off today, so rise and shine - wash up - get dressed and head on down to Verna's for some great eats! Brunch will be served throughout the morning hours into early afternoon. After that head on down to the Novus State House and get ready for the events to begin!

*Intercom exits*

7Gd9l3A.jpg

Verna's has been an island tradition since the inception of Novus. Providing local seafood delicacies like Deep-fried nanwi, red snapper, tuna, whitefish, grouper, and wahoo. Also try our homemade Pilhi - made from pureed fruit with sugar and milk, then it is baked to a custard consistency. Besides delicacies, we offer an array of menu items from all over the world - and we will work order to order to bring you the finest tasting foods you've ever put in your mouth. Because at Verna's our Food is the Best!

*Upcoming Events*

This Afternoon: Theron and Max will speak at the Novus Statehouse Ceremony area (check our information packet for location). We will be having a memorial ceremony and bring a few other items to the light. We ask that you all engage with the speaking panel this afternoon. 

This Evening: Dinner at Verna's! Verna's is preparing great selections of Seafood, Steak, and Chicken dinners - mixed with an open bar. We will hold dinner down at the beach, so feel free to swim, relax and enjoy yourselves!

Tonight: Head back to the hostel or crash at the beach bungalows. 

• Upvote 1

[ooc: so very sorry - RL sucked me in, work has been terribad. we will continue as the 29th, one day behind]

Fdhk4rj.png

AFTERNOON EVENT

This afternoon kicked off great! The sun was shining, we endured a mellow 74 degrees (23 C) with a nice, cool ocean breeze. The ceremony kicked of with Theron, thanking everyone for coming, talking about the history of the islands we reside on, and introducing  Max to the crowd. 

"The way everything has fallen into place this past month is beyond extraordinary...I would not be here if it weren't for Max, the actions he took on our homeland of Australia and more importantly, I wouldn't be here without the assistance and bravery of your military who came to our rescue during that unforgettable week in the brush of Northern Australia."

-Theron Harriman

Max took the podium shortly after....

"If you asked me a month ago where I thought I would see myself, my answer would be short - I'd say "the Citadel" and that would be the end of that conversation. It still feels like a dream, standing here, with a positive future in front of me and my people and my new family of Novus...hard to look back and see that just a few weeks ago, my life and my followers lives were on the line and we almost didn't make it."

Max ponders on about the events that unfolded, why they happened and how. 

"...many lives were lost that day, lives that we can't bring back, lives that will be sorely missed. Fathers, Sons, Mothers, Daughters....the list unfortunately goes on. There will always be a part of me that feels guilt for the lives lost, why were so many lives lost for me? I know I have to live with that and I will find a way to accept it. For now, I leave a large space in my heart to all the lives lost and the families of those lost, I will carry them and make them live on as long as I shall breathe."

Max moves to discuss memorializing those who lost their lives, behind him on the big screen appears an image...

971452e47c4c608eed10d24196bdf8c6.jpg

The Never Forgotten Novus Memorial 

South West of the Novus State House sits a newly erected monumental memorial dedicated to the lives lost and the brave leaders and nations that stood up, worked together to save lives of their fellow humans. Max know that a simple structure will not take away the pain of the loved ones that were lost - but he promises that those names will never be forgotten. 

"...I will now read the names of all of those who lost their lives, bravely, honorably....[max fights away tears]...that week....

From Chernigov: Cpl. Ivan Kozalov of the 3rd Recon Battalion, Lt. Alexei Leonid of the First Ruthenian Regiment, Pvt. Anton Moroz of the 3rd Recon Battalion, and PFC Fedir Ivanova of the 2nd Attack Battalion.

From Caledonia: Ryan Phillips, Joe Moreno, and Francis Crowe.

From the Commonwealth of Australia: 

Tommy Harrison

John Gallagher
Jackson Harris
Hayden Berry

(Please Click Spoiler for More Names)

Zak Ross
Payton Hodge
Devon Barber
Seamus Blake
Marco Wallace
Harold Montoya

Jack Turner

Mason Bailey
Kieran Howard
Ashton Grant
Adam Cooke
Gideon Gregory
Tucker Dillard
Luis Mckay
Raiden Briggs
Reese Rowland

Ellis Woods

Frankie Davidson
Leon Fisher
Ellis Cole
Alfie White
Jaylen Mcfarland
Alejandro Kelly
Thaddeus Russell
Aldo Vasquez
Ahmad Acosta

Jonathan Cunningham

Zachary Murray
Hayden Wilson
Christopher Bailey
Zac Thompson
Damari Harper
Moshe Hunter
Chaim Silva
Gary Gould
Jedidiah Riley

Eli Marsh

Charlie Shaw
Carol Cook
Cameron Cooke
Jamie Walsh
Rory Pratt
Aubrey Hinton
Jody Velez
Reed Baxter
Bailey Garrett

Jude Mason
Sean Newman
Harvey Wells
Callum Hughes
Alex Baxter
Jayce Moses
Brady Acevedo
Dylan Chan
Rowen Wolfe
Donovan Blackwell

20 Royal Marines

Maria Dawson
Shannon Cole
Julia Price
Summer Williamson
Imogen Wood
Alina Wilson
Zaria Farmer
Casey Cole
Shelby Leach
Cecelia Hendricks

21 Pilots/Crew

Chelsea Carter
Mya Anderson
Hollie Thomson
Amber King
Grace Bradley
Marley Mcknight
Callie Spears
Maddison Mccormick
Desiree Butler
Analia Goodwin

Oscar Mcdonald

Cody Taylor
Ethan Howard
Sebastian Murphy
Archie Kennedy
Phoenix Michael
Blake Curtis
Isaias Bailey
Kale Holman
Abdiel Mann

Hannah Garrett

...we know we don't have every name of every lost life. Each name will be forever engraved into the supporting legs of the memorial. Should your nations discover most lost lives, or should the families of those lives come forward, we ask that Novus be notified so we can add their name to the memorial. In addition, families of those who lost their lives will be able to set up transportation and accommodations to Novus at any time, free of charge, to visit and pay their respects to the memorial. It is the least we can do." 

Ceremony breaks to head to the memorial and get some refreshments. 

About an hour later, the ceremony picks back up with Max, in lighter spirits at the podium. 

"I know you guys are getting tired of sitting here, so I promise this will be the last time you hear me talk today. [crowd laughs] Given everything that has happened in the world in the past month, I have decided to take the initiative to do something about it - develop a plan, a system, a group of nations that will work together towards the good of the world. To overcome evil and disasters and to assist each other in time of need. Because of this - I would like to introduce AND invite each of you to the United Accord. 

The United Accord's Mission is to bring positive leaders of the world together, behind one shield. To help and assist each other through good times and the bad and to conquer the worlds problems, together, one at a time. 

Will you join Novus in this venture?"

Max stares into the crowd, says thank you and walks off stage. The ceremony concludes. 

Upcoming Events

This Evening: Dinner at Verna's! Verna's is preparing great selections of Seafood, Steak, and Chicken dinners - mixed with an open bar. We will hold dinner down at the beach, so feel free to swim, relax and enjoy yourselves!

Tonight: Head back to the hostel or crash at the beach bungalows. 

[OOC] Please feel free to RP your position on United Accords and the other portions of this RP. I again apologize for the lateness of my RP, it was my attention to keep this all formal and on time.[/OOC]

• Upvote 2

Alexei begins to take the podium, slowly walking as to make sure nothing gets damaged.

"Okay Alexei, you can do this. You can do this." he kept saying to himself before beginning the speech.

Soon, he would make sure that the device was on, and would then give his speech.

"Brothers and Sisters of Orbis, it is with great pleasure that I come before you today, to commemorate those who were lost searching for our dear friend Mad Max, formerly of the Citadel, now leader of Novus. With this ceremony, I hope that international cooperation, Inter-Dimensional or on Orbis itself, will be possible. If not for the ultimate sacrifice made by the following: Cpl. Ivan Kozalov, Lt Alexei Leonid, Pvt Anton Moroz, and PFC Fedir Ivanova, amongst others whom I haven't the time to list, we would not be standing here today for this event. I dare say, if not for them, our dear friend and host Mad Max would not be alive. Thank you once again for allowing me to come here, and I hope to see you soon!"

• Upvote 1

Well looks like its my turn (thinks hunter as Alexei walks off)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am Hunter, President of the Commonwealth of Australia. Not so long ago, I lived as a civilian in the citadel, whilst our last encounter with Max was more unwillingly, I am happy to know we can move forward. The names of our fallen youth go on and on, but they did not die in vain, they died for a purpose, they died for a future we may not see, but we will surely integrate into. We are thankful for this beautiful monument built by Novus and are sure it will remain always as a beacon of remembrance. Max brings some good points, regardless of our political alignments we all came to max's aid, we did not care who was there, we only worked on finding max. We must not let war, greed, hatred, and evil corrupt our worlds! we mustn't allow evil to win. I for one will push for the United Accords in my own nation, the question is, will you!

(The Royal Parliment will begin voting and debating on the United Accords on Friday)

• Upvote 1

Alexei and his family begins to give President Hunter a round of applause for the excellent speech, and soon afterwards, Alexei would mutter:

"Definitely need to put this through Parliament, as I agree that we need some kind of organization similar to the OSCO..."

• Upvote 2

Empress wolf listens attentively. She is roused by the ending of Hunter Speech, and has already begun preparations on presenting the idea to the Royal Council to see their ideas. 

Empress Waves to max who responds with welcoming jesters to come forward.

Many surprised some angry and some curious on why the Empress rose to speak. 

Hallo, she says in a touching voice. 

The Dutch Empire may have not sacrificed much in the search for Mad Max but President Hunter makes some good points, we all came from all across the globe to aid in the search of Mad Max. We have seen various failed organizations, but just because one failed it does not mean all will fail, we are just eliminating bad ideas. OCSO, SEACO, and the new United Accords are a future and the basis we can work off. Although OCSO ended up dissolving, it was the longest lived multi-national organizations with huge success with nearly 8 member states. Now let us change our world, because it will not on its own. We must break down the barriers of war, and hatred and build fields of happiness and kindness. We must fight for the causes of humanity and not personal gain. We should pool money into our children than into weapons, because tomorrows leaders will not be weapons, they will be our Children! 

Edited by Empress Wolf
  • Upvote 2

sig.gif

This daily event is over, thank you for participating

Because of the push of the time frame (due to my absence) the memorial unveiling happened on the 29th. During the 30th, please explore the islands - I would like for you to take this time and discuss United Accords with me, shoot me a message. Also, if you have any other matters to discuss, please contact me. 

I'll see you guys tomorrow on the 31st. (ik tomorrow is the 1st - just sticking with the story)

Edited by Mad Max

This daily event is over, thank you for participating

Because of the push of the time frame (due to my absence) the memorial unveiling happened on the 29th. During the 30th, please explore the islands - I would like for you to take this time and discuss United Accords with me, shoot me a message. Also, if you have any other matters to discuss, please contact me. 

I'll see you guys tomorrow on the 31st. (ik tomorrow is the 1st - just sticking with the story)

OOC: *Today. You were 11 minutes late lol.

As the Empress walks off the stage Emperor Cenna and Lady Victorina make their way to the stage

Emperor Cenna: leaders of the world we've all fought so hard to find max through different forms. Whether it was moral support, monetary support, or the physical search parties, we all sacrificed something in the name of finding max. As I look into the crowd I see friendly and not so friendly faces. I could come up here and talk about how our world is uniting but in reality it's not. We are dividing and waging war on eachother for reasons as absurd as the way one person cleaned up a mine spill. Terrorism is at an all-time high. I remember as a child we didn't even know what terrorism was. Now if it's not attacks on an entire nations grid system it's bombings and attacks on world leaders. With that said I move that rather find new ways to unite and divide we find one common goal. One of impossible but still reachable heights. We need to reach together for the metaphorical star and unite as one.

Emperor Cenna moves for his wife to join him

Emperor Cenna: ladies and gentlemen I present to you my wife, Lady Victorina, she has joined me, with our son, from the heart of the Caledonian Space Empire. *points at a table* if you'd like to meet with us we will be over there. *the two exit the stage*

The Caledonian Empire--In Space

President Hunter has been recalled to Australia,

120 Australian Citizens including 45 Children have been kidnapped, 

The Australian Government is currently not answering any questions. 

Secretary of State Frank Underwood will be arriving to stay with the First Lady,

President Hunter would like to speak with Mad Max about the United Accords sometime soon.