Improved Capacity of Nukes

Ryleh

So i've been thinking on a way for improved capacity for nuclear weapons. My thought is that nukes should have two more targets that they can hit. They should be able to target military only, no infra damage. People might say that doesn't make sense, you aren't going to have your military at home when at war. So? Desperate nations would nuke themselves.

I propose 2/3rds of soldiers would be killed, 1/2 of tanks, and 1/7th of planes. The planes make sense because nuclear weapons create one hell of a shock wave, easy enough to rip planes out of the sky. 

Second, nukes that can target resources. It makes sense, most nations/people/whatever have centralization as important parts of creation of raw materials and refined materials. So a nuclear attack that destroys x % of all resources, or a higher number for one, would be useful and fun.

Projects. Multiple Warhead Project (i'm bad with names). This would be a project that allows for someone to fire 2 nuclear weapons at once, targeting two different cities. And yes, these are actual things in real life (Russia is scary). This could also allow for someone to buy two nukes each day.

Also, a fun thing would be there would be a 1 in 100 chance a nuke kills your leader, and after that you can't do anything for a day (basically you get no MAPs, or get money/resources each update)

This has been recommended too many times, but I'll try to sum up the points from the previous topics.

Nukes are not meant to be the go-to weapon during a war. Nukes are used in a losing war to inflict damage on the winning side and are quite effective at doing so, but inhibit your ability to deal with your opponent's conventional forces. Making nukes more potent at destroying militiary units than actual combat between units will give nations which are losing the ability to cripple a nation's military as nations which are winning. The ability to target stockpiles is interesting, however, although a hard cap may be required to prevent nukes from dealing too much damage to larger nations with larger warchests.

This is basically an argument between realism and balance. You can decide the more important one.

Note that the both nuclear weapons launched in combat hit civilian targets. I'm not saying that nukes can only target cities, but in modern combat, troop formations or large masses of military units are relatively outdated.

The chance of killing the leader, while amusing, will be frustrating if it actually happens and obscure, game-changing events which cannot be prevented are usually detrimental to games which promote skill or coordination.

Yes, the war system is messed up, but as long as people are using nukes and recognize them as a useful tool if used right, they don't need changing.

• Upvote 2

[insert quote here]

missiles need a buff mrs than anything.

Not really. They are extensively used in war and seem about right.

Maybe they could kill a bit of land as a balance to land hogs - so could nukes tbh.

-signature removed for rules violation-