EU Referendum Result, Patriots Triumphant, Globalists on Suicide Watch

Rozalia

Countries traded with each for thousands of years, they weren't doing globalisation. How you've phrased it implies simply trading is doing globalisation which is incorrect.

I would dispute that some some extent. You could argue the ancient Silk Road trade routes are a form of globalisation, considering the term is strongly related to trade, whether it be in goods or culture, etc. The Dutch East India Company is a definite example of early (if a little later than the Silk Road) globalisation. I perhaps didn't originally word it correctly though. The point I tried to make was that trade, and the resultant communication and 'mixing' of culture, etc is globalisation. Edited by James XVI

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

I would dispute that some some extent. You could argue the ancient Silk Road trade routes are a form of globalisation, considering the term is strongly related to trade, whether it be in goods or culture. The Dutch East India Company is a definite example of early (if a little later than the Silk Road) globalisation. I perhaps didn't originally word it correctly though. The point I tried to make was that trade, and the resultant communication and 'mixing' of culture, etc is globalisation.

While technicalities can certainly be argued, they are leagues away from modern globalisation. They're not quite comparable. 

I'm not understanding the affinity for nationalism here. Europeans especially should know that Europe loves to fight itself over its nationalist ideals. Europe has been divided for quite some time, haven't you all learned that you are much stronger together?

There's quite a few people who fail to connect the dots with the UKs exit from the EU and potential war in the future. It's not hard to imagine that if the EU fails, Europe's nations could once again divide itself in a few decades. Imagine 20th century diplomacy once again. Russia attacks a divided Europe and China attacks an isolationist US. Not that it takes much imagining to begin with.

But this is the Nuclear era, when one of us loses, we all lose. At least our sons and daughters can die knowing they saved their precious customs and borders. Really everyone should know how petty and deluded humans can be, do you really want a chance at another Nazi Germany? Well, I think this will improve your chances.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

I'm not understanding the affinity for nationalism here. Europeans especially should know that Europe loves to fight itself over its nationalist ideals. Europe has been divided for quite some time, haven't you all learned that you are much stronger together?

There's quite a few people who fail to connect the dots with the UKs exit from the EU and potential war in the future. It's not hard to imagine that if the EU fails, Europe's nations could once again divide itself in a few decades. Imagine 20th century diplomacy once again. Russia attacks a divided Europe and China attacks an isolationist US. Not that it takes much imagining to begin with.

But this is the Nuclear era, when one of us loses, we all lose. At least our sons and daughters can die knowing they saved their precious customs and borders. Really everyone should know how petty and deluded humans can be, do you really want a chance at another Nazi Germany? Well, I think this will improve your chances.

You are completely ignorant on the matter if you think what the EU is heading to is some, well I don't even want to think what sick filth you think but pretty sure it's Cosmopolitanism. No, the EU knows it needs Nationalism, just not the ones of the states which will clash with their aims. What they support is Supranationalism where people wave the EU flag, sing their anthem, are "European", and so forth. So sorry to break it to you, but even under your precious EU Nationalism doesn't go away. 

Some are of the variety of some idealistic open borders garbage, but it seems you're more a "I'm so scared of the world" type. The EU wants to build an army and antagonise Russia, so hardly the union of peace to start with. As many have realised, this is not the cold war, so for someone talking of "the old times" you sure love to act like we're living in said old times.

You know that was a Remain argument, seemingly Putin was waiting for a vote leave so he could invade. I do not have Russian paratroopers at my door currently (that a knock?). Also what keeps Europe "safe" if we had to talk such things is NATO, not the EU. The EU protect nothing. 

Check the history books. Europe has never been as strong as when we were several dozen divided nation states beating the crap out of each other and ruling the world.

And we have never been so irrelevant as we are now as an "unified" entity that does nothing more in the international arena than echo the slogans issued by the White House. I dont mean to say that its wrong to have relations with the americans, but what we have now is plain and simple submissiveness.

Last time I checked google maps, it's NATO who has China and Russia surrounded by your bases, not the other way around. It's you who have thousands of soldiers deployed beyond your borders.

If you take a look at the last 20 years, it's the US backed by the EU who have been dropping bombs around the world, not Russia or China.

So, back in the Cold War, all that "Europe, lift ass, you need US to defend you from the commies" did work. But it doesnt anymore. The ruskies sre loaded with gas and the chinese are loaded with money and cheap labour. The ones who are starting wars to increase your profit margins are you.

Edited by Ivan the Red
  • Upvote 2

So why are you supporting business men and stockbrokers? Surely they have most to gain from globalisation...

Which is why all the "experts", big business, and globalist foreign leaders were saying Leaving meant the end of the world. Just what are you getting at here? You got to be a bit more direct because I get the feeling I know, but I ain't going to commit myself to guessing what you're going for.

Putting everything aside. I'm simply observing what's happening atm out of strict curiosity now. This bit is a little funny but was expected.

https://twitter.com/JillFilipovic/status/746226435891724288

The message loses any worth considering who they're attacking with it. Nigel Farage was thrown to the side by the Leave campaign as he was seen as "too divisive" or some garbage like that and they were the ones who pledged to put it all on the NHS. Farage said he'd want it possibly on health, schools, bringing down a variety of taxes, a lot of things in short, however he never guaranteed/pledged the full amount to the NHS as far as I know. Additionally he isn't in government so he can't guarantee anything anyway.

Thanks for doing it for me, thought one of you might. The young generation who by the large despise Nationalism and believe in cuckoldry voted for Remain? Shocker.

It is however the age group that will have to be living with the decision for the longest.

On a slightly different note:

A BBC Points West report (from 2:08 minutes) shows a rather emotional almost 80 year old. "I've got my country back. I'm not going to be here a lot longer [...] but what I've got I want to keep".

Now I don't mean to sound heartless, but that is to me quite selfish. It seems to imply "!@#$ the consequences - I want what I want in the name of patriotism".

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

It is however the age group that will have to be living with the decision for the longest.

On a slightly different note:

A BBC Points West report (from 2:08 minutes) shows a rather emotional almost 80 year old. "I've got my country back. I'm not going to be here a lot longer [...] but what I've got I want to keep".

Now I don't mean to sound heartless, but that is to me quite selfish. It seems to imply "!@#$ the consequences - I want what I want in the name of patriotism".

You think they're not thinking of the country when they say that? I know I'd hate to be passing away with such a thing on the mind. This attack on the old by the 18-24 crowd was expected and Sad! I get it, they've been brought up on the EU and regressive views, but some basic respect is needed. 

This attack on the old by the 18-24 crowd was expected and Sad! I get it, they've been brought up on the EU and regressive views, but some basic respect is needed.

So the majority of the younger population shouldn't be angry or upset that the next 70-80 years of their lives may turn out to be contrary to what they'd like to see?

THE Definitive James:

So the majority of the younger population shouldn't be angry or upset that the next 70-80 years of their lives may turn out to be contrary to what they'd like to see?

That implies they'll keep the same views for that perid of time. For one example there was a vote in 1975 and Remain got 67%. That was 40/41 years ago and many of those oldies would have voted in it. Did they all vote for leaving then? No. Their views on the EU changed over time. Those young lads who are often the types who see racism everywhere, hate their country, you the know the sort will one day stop being like that and see that not everyone who disagrees with them is a stupid, ignorant, racist, blah blah blah. To help this along the EU will collapse in time and they'll see just how stupid Remain was. 

For an example of this lets remember the Euro. Who still says it was terrible Britain didn't join that? The sky supposedly would fall over that also and look how that went. Even a lot of those young folk who drool over the EU don't want the Euro because they can see how crap it is. In time like I said they'll see how crap the EU is also.

• Upvote 1

That implies they'll keep the same views for that perid of time. For one example there was a vote in 1975 and Remain got 67%. That was 40/41 years ago and many of those oldies would have voted in it. Did they all vote for leaving then? No. Their views on the EU changed over time.

I agree it's fair enough to suggest that down the line their opinions towards the EU may change. However at this point, in the short term I would doubt that that would be the case.

THE Definitive James: