Lower navy score from 2 per ship to 1 per ship

Ogaden

Navies have limited utility.  They are efficient for blockades and infrastructure destruction but they are the only unit that cannot target ground troops and aircraft can target all 3 unit types but has much less score for the utility they provide.

In order to increase the utility of navies I would propose that their score value be reduced by half.  The value of having more navy does not increase as fast as the threat of much stronger opponents declaring down on you due to purchasing that navy, and halving the score increase rate from naval purchases would increase their utility.

An alternative proposal would be to keep navies at 2 score per ship but allow navies to target troops and tanks (offshore bombardment).  This would increase their utility and justify their 2 score.

Side request : I would also propose that soldiers be worth twice what they are now in score, currently soldiers count for basically nothing at all in the score calculus, and this underrates their utility.

Edited by Ogaden
  • Upvote 3
tvPWtuA.gif

Bring back submarine warfare. 

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

Instead of nerfing their score calculation, I would rather see an increase in naval utility. They are basically useless -- reflecting their uselessness in score calculation *works*, but is not the best solution.

I would like to see naval blockades actually matter. With a warchest, they are ignorable. In my opinion, a blockaded nation should have it's daily revenue cut in half (to reflect the lessened ability to "use" your "commerce" if you care about roleplay stuff).

Alternatively, make naval immense victories steal 1% of the players money AND resources with each hit. This would appeal to the pirate types -- hell, perhaps add it on as a perk to the "Pirate" tree.

As it stands, ships can be completely ignored. Make the naval front interesting, rather than simply changing score to reflect the useless nature of ships.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

I like the score decrease from 2 to 1 idea.

Without extensive work on the other ideas and play testing they could be unbalancing.

Eh. It won't get implemented until after this war anyways, so a band-aid solution isn't a time-pressing issue.

A solution to make ships actually fun/interesting could be adequately playtested within 6 months I'm fairly sure. Especially since Sheepy's out of college for the summer (I'm assuming).

☾☆

High Priest of Dio