Freedom of Speech and Privacy

Lannan13

Greetings Politics and war,

As you all know, the lines between Freedom of Speech and Privacy have a gray line. The Synder V Phelps case increased some of the line for the grounds of Free Speech. I come to you today to ask, where do you draw the lines between what constitutes as free speech and where does privacy begin. 

I look forward to your responses. 

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

I'm not sure what the question is. Why does there have to be a line between two unrelated things?

Are you asking if I find it OK to tell secrets or something?

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Well it's the westburough (sp?) Case that he references. So free speech vs a person's right to not have to listen to it (privacy)?

What is this westburough case?

You mean this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snyder_v._Phelps

Pfft. &#33;@#&#036; that idea. That's just ridiculous. When I drive to work, I run the risk of dying in a crash, yet I still drive to work. The world was not created to kiss the asses of oversensitive, babied, or over sheltered pricks. I mean I think I can safely say that nobody wants to see the KKK holding a rally in their town square, but I also don't want to see Glen Beck having his own TV network. I don't want to see rain or wind when I walk outside. I don't want the neighbors dog trying to attack my dog. I don't want green eggs and ham. 

Unfortunately, the world wasn't placed here to solely not do things that I don't like. Countless Vietnam vets came home to "you're a baby killer". Should we sue every protester from the 60s and 70s? What if it's the government that "doesn't want to hear it?" 

Free speech > Privacy Peoples feel goods.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

What is this westburough case?

You mean this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snyder_v._Phelps

Pfft. !@#$ that idea. That's just ridiculous. When I drive to work, I run the risk of dying in a crash, yet I still drive to work. The world was not created to kiss the asses of oversensitive, babied, or over sheltered pricks. I mean I think I can safely say that nobody wants to see the KKK holding a rally in their town square, but I also don't want to see Glen Beck having his own TV network. I don't want to see rain or wind when I walk outside. I don't want the neighbors dog trying to attack my dog. I don't want green eggs and ham. 

Unfortunately, the world wasn't placed here to solely not do things that I don't like. Countless Vietnam vets came home to "you're a baby killer". Should we sue every protester from the 60s and 70s? What if it's the government that "doesn't want to hear it?" 

Free speech > Privacy Peoples feel goods.

I'm quite sure that enforcability plays a huge part of it. You can always fine someone for violating privacy, but free speech is nearly impossible to enforce.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

• 4 weeks later...