Easy small suggestions are the best sugestions

Kosonome

Since I'm a new player, I doubt I have the knowlegde of making a very good suggestions, so please, comment about it.

1) Everybody posts aggressors are always in advantage, so a small suggestion for this: Cooldown before each attack (maybe 1 hour), so, no nation can give 2 consecutives attacks (even with military points). This gives active defensive players a slighty more chance to do something against a airstrike + ground attack in turn change, like recruiting more troops.

2) In trade, it's common those kinda market window:

screen.png

My fear of misclicking is so much that I don't visit some trade options. I guess any player misclicking (at least a new player like myself) should cry. So, for safety, it should be good only allowing buying at 25% of average price onwards (limitation only in Global Market).

3) Since it's common people bookmark nations links, I should be happy for some in-game favorites in nations. The main reasons for that is raiding inactives (or just raiding), enemys or allies. After favoriting a nation, we should see a list of those nations (maybe in dossier page or not), to remove from list, or add some comment to that nation.

4) In war activity link, when you click in any applicant, you get the error "That alliance does not exist. View Nation."

screen2.png

Good work thinking about how to improve things, especially for a new player. I think your proposals come from a good place, but let me pose the inevitable counter arguments:

1. The double strike is a strategy- that's why people tend to declare just before a turn change, to allow a 3+4 point attack (ground then air). Co-ordinated with others, this lets you wipe a nation out of the fight in minutes. Whilst this sucks if you're that nation, it's just part of war, and it's why you have an alliance and a treaty web- to counter the aggressor with a similar attack next turn to allow you to regain the upper hand.

2. Whilst this does suck, the average price varies wildly. One solution for the accidental misclick button would be to have a pop up box (or whatever it's called) that says something like "buy 100 food for $9000?" and you click yes or no. That way if you stupidly click yes twice you deserve to be gouged.

3. I don't see a problem with this, though I'm not sure why you'd want to bookmark specific nations.

4. Obviously some sort of flaw in the code...SHEEPY

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

1. It was a good attempt at a suggestion, but that completely gets rid of the reason to blitz 

2. How about a confirmation page?

3. i see no problem with this one

4. that's a tech support question; you can find the board on the front page

Edited by Kim Jong-Il

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

1) I'm not suggesting to remove that offensive strategy, just adding more strategy to defensive part. Of course this offensive strategy will be less effective, but yet 3 unexpected attacks is strong enough, and 30 minutes later will be followed for more 3 consecutive attacks.
I guess I never seen a blitz in real action, so I'm not sure.

2) I suggested for removing from market because those trades pollute the interface, nobody for sure wants that when searching, although a popup is good too.

3) I have now 20 bookmarks in other nations. I guess it's diferent for each people. XD

3) I like an in-game built feature to easily navigate to certain nation pages. Say for example I like to trade a resource with someone, instead of going to nations and typing leader/nation name or going through the infinite bookmarks I have. I can just click Favorites -> Click nation and bam.

1) I'm not suggesting to remove that offensive strategy, just adding more strategy to defensive part. Of course this offensive strategy will be less effective, but yet 3 unexpected attacks is strong enough, and 30 minutes later will be followed for more 3 consecutive attacks.

I guess I never seen a blitz in real action, so I'm not sure.

I get that, but the only reason people blitz is because of the amount of damage they can deal. A first strike is very important to gain an early upper hand. If this were introduced, attacking would be considered a bad strategy, thus not promoting war which is bad for the game

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

...thus not promoting war, which is bad for the game

I beg to differ. I would rephrase that to '...not promoting attacks'. Wars will happen regardless of the situation. However, if attacks are no longer advantageous, it would simply mean that a nation/alliance must take more of a risk through initiating attacks. 

The Original Poster has a point, and I think that his idea is worth our attention and perhaps support.   

Overall, the biggest flaw in this game has been the lightheartedness surrounding war (I realise that this is a game, but still). In real-life foreign affairs, wars are usually one of the last and least desirable options. Furthermore, I find it absurd that the game makes it impossible for nations to counterattack without the support of an alliance. While alliances are great, they should not be the sole guarantors of a nation's survival.

Edited by Klemens Hawicki