Animal Experimenation

PresidentRiley

Animal testing should be allowed to continue as it is, even if the animal does come to harm. Tests that have harmed mice have been absolutely critical in making important discoveries in the fields of genetics and epigenetics. It's also better that a mouse or a monkey die from an experimental medicine than a human being.

A scientist figures out how to cure cancer... On a pig... Tries on a human. Failure complete failure.

Sorry to tell you this, but:

1. That's not how cancer works
  2. That's not how animal experimentation works
  3. By extension that's not how science works

If people in this thread continue play the backseat pop-scientist role at least admit it.

• Upvote 1

Ikol, Proud member of Terminus Est.

Moderator of http://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticsandWar/

Sorry to tell you this, but:

1. That's not how cancer works
  2. That's not how animal experimentation works
  3. By extension that's not how science works

If people in this thread continue play the backseat pop-scientist role at least admit it.

I do know how cancer works sir, cancer has come up almost every year in my middle school and high school careers, and college.

I do know how animal experimentation works because I needed to do a 4 page long report on it if I was con or pro

I do know how science works because I have no issue understanding it, I have learned that in middle school and it is still easy to this day in college.

No one claimed to be a scientist but since you know it all... please share :wub:

It was not me who put those horrible pictures, or that horrible signature.

Please explain how cancer works. I'd love to hear what you have to say. Be as detailed as possible.

I do not know if that is directed at me in which case I am not qualified to talk on it my knowledge is just patched together from watch scientific journals I read, I just know how much I do not know. The fallacy that I pointed out is explained more eloquently here or here by an actual scientist. There is and will never be a "magic pill" that cures all forms of cancer. I also really doubt that you do understand animal experimentation (that is not the ethics behind it). Animal experimentation in applied research can be used to prove a thesis on its own (source) as humans share a huge amount of characteristics with other animals. Finally I question your knowledge of the scientific method for the reason that you claim the entire disciplines advances and models (aka "curing" cancer on a pig) are not achievements in themselves. Simply put the ability to scrutinise, admit failure and to improve is not a weakness of the discipline. Stop spreading misinformation.

Please explain how cancer works. I'd love to hear what you have to say. Be as detailed as possible.

Wait hold on

Ik this!

Uncontrollable cell division something like that and the cells start to take over the cells doing their job and the ones of cancer don't work correctly... that's my guess

Animals are food not experiments

So, you are alright with raising an animal for the whole purpose of being slaughtered for human consumption.....ie the betterment of human lives......but NOT for experimentation which also is for.......wait for it.....the betterment of human lives. Interesting indeed.

X4EfkAB.png

So, you are alright with raising an animal for the whole purpose of being slaughtered for human consumption.....ie the betterment of human lives......but NOT for experimentation which also is for.......wait for it.....the betterment of human lives. Interesting indeed.

Shhhh Shhhh atleast they don't suffer from crazy injections

that's my guess

There is your problem and it is a major one, do not claim to know the inner workings of a complicated topic when you clearly do not understand it. I repeat stop spreading misinformation or at least admit that you do not understand it.

Animals are food not experiments

So wait it is ok to raise an animal in an unsanitary setting to satisfy demand for food, but when it comes to advancing science to quell human suffering and to advance our knowledge it is suddenly unethical. Do you not see the inconsistency here?

I don't know much about cancer, and am not going to claim to, but isn't it something like this:

cellular division starts; something causes a mutated cell; that cell begins to divide into more mutated cells, rapidly

Is that right?

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

Silence you. Science is eh. I was forced to educated in the medical field well not forced eh back to the animals

First off, it's almost like you're a stereotypical canadian.

Second off, how are you forced and not forced at the same time?

Third off, if you don't even know the details of animal testing, what right do you have to say it is a horrible thing to do?

He has every right to state his opinion, whether or not he is educated on the subject. That is the whole "Freedom of Speech" part of the American Constitution.

Of course he does. Thanos also has the right to call him out on it. See the government has to let him speak. The people can do whatevs to shoot him down without actually silencing him by force.

1uBr6Lp.png?1

He has every right to state his opinion, whether or not he is educated on the subject. That is the whole "Freedom of Speech" part of the American Constitution.

Freedom of Speech refers to citizens being able to speak without government censorship, not without rebuttal or censorship by their fellow citizens.

• Upvote 2
dUkp0bT.gif

He is telling him that he has no right to talk about animal expirementation. He does have that right, and Thanatos is trying to take his right to voice his opinion.

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

. . . and Thanatos is trying to take his right to voice his opinion.

He is? I didn't see Thanatos exercising his monopoly over the legitimate use of force to quell the expression of an opinion. It looked to me like one arrogant blowhard telling another arrogant blowhard that his opinion is worth squat. And that, my friend, is what America is all about!

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

It's basically your cells reproduce uncontrollably and defective and then they take over normal body cells and the organ doesn't work. There's a type of cancer with white blood cells. The bone marrow makes too much and most of them don't work.

First off, it's almost like you're a stereotypical canadian.

Second off, how are you forced and not forced at the same time?

Third off, if you don't even know the details of animal testing, what right do you have to say it is a horrible thing to do?

Uhm if you read this whole topic you would know I stated that I know about this topic animal experimenting . Thanks. Anyway

He is? I didn't see Thanatos exercising his monopoly over the legitimate use of force to quell the expression of an opinion. It looked to me like one arrogant blowhard telling another arrogant blowhard that his opinion is worth squat. And that, my friend, is what America is all about!

'Murica