Where's the Auto Aficionados?

I don't normally diverge from the Penguin RP, however I was a tad curious as to how many fellow car nuts are hiding in this forum.

What's your favorite car? Why? Do you have a car story?

As for me, I was for the most part the black sheep of the family when it came to automobiles, at least until I turned seventeen.

I was in a bad need for a rig to take my girlfriend to prom, one that wasn't a dinged-up rustbucket like my '93 Ranger. My grandfather had a few old sports cars, but as he got older most had been put on jackstands and forgotten about in his garage.

Anyway, I remember finally convincing my grandad to let me borrow one for the night, and we went out to the garage.

I was looking around, when I chanced a glimpse of a silver bumper sticking out from under an old bedsheet. With some help moving around some old magazines and spare parts, we removed the cover.

It was a 1963 E-type.

It took a lot of work, and I'd lie if I said I made the prom deadline to get her running (prom was a lost cause anyway, the girl and I having decided to go our separate ways) but it was well worth it. I learned a lot from my grandfather, and there's nothing like hearing the roar of the big cat in third gear. It's still a work in progress- its mechanical parts are hard to come by, and its engineering is so backwards I'd be more akin to call it witchcraft than science- but nothing else made of metal has captured my attention so strongly. Currently there's a front brake leak somewhere that's caused Bae to get garaged, along with a general tuneup that's been required to do all summer.

jaguar-xke.jpg

Having a terrible time uploading Instagram or Fb photos, until I can figure that out here's a series 1 coupe for reference.

What about the rest of Orbis? Got a dream rig? Love your metal thoroughbreds? Let's hear some car love!

Edited by Emperor Penguin Rikkar

duZjuvT.png?3

Grandfather was a drag racer, drove my dad crazy, and literally drove me. I guess that's where my family's car fanaticism came from. 

We don't have anything fancy, but my dream car is the 1969 Corvette Stingray

204301.jpg

Anyone remember matchbox cars? Yea well I had it's ancestor, in the model of a corvette stingray as a kid. Most beautiful car ever. E-type is gorgeous don't get me wrong, but if I ever ran into some cash and a guy with a classic, Stingray all the way.

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

Well that was the most common, they had a number of 450's but you'll only find 350's in todays market. Hell knowing how much people screw with these things, unless they're true classics, you would probably find a number of 450's.

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

porsche 911 first model is hot

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Raised on Mopar.

First "real"car i ever owned was a 1967 Dodge Dart Swinger with a converted "Frankenstein" 318 with 340 parts into a 360 block engine. I did about half the work on the engine, re-sculpted the body and rebuilt the transmission. In the end I only regret slapping in a 5/13 differential which made going to the grocery store a "racing"experience. It was baby blue with a white landau top, custom rims and folded-button, cream-colored, leather seats.

• 2 weeks later...

First car was a 77 Chevy Impala. 4dr sleeper. Was a big fast boat.

First truck was a 78 Ford Bronco. 36" tires. Was a good fun mudder :)

Drove a 68 Plymouth Fury III around for a while. Light fun fun ride. Drove a 84 hearse around for a couple years too. That was interesting. Heavy duty station wagon, more or less (Halloween trick or treating with a hearse is awesome btw)

Would love to have a Bronco again tho. Simple to work on. Would be a dream come true to have one again.

• Upvote 1