Rozalia vs Ibrahim, on Islamic Misdeeds

Rozalia

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is correct in this matter?

Personally I would say the criterion is whether they adhere to the Nicene Creed or not. I don't have any problem with those who don't, in fact I wish them well because we all get to meet God in the end. I don't advocate their murder and I don't think that any real Christian would or could.

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Footage from 2 years ago. How do you know they are Sunnis?

What do you mean? The soldier straight up asked them what they where, the two said they where Sunni Muslims. Right after their trucks where stopped.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

Fundamentalism in Christianity is to take every word on its own merit, fundamentalist treat the bible as a tool of science. They take no note of the massive debates of the first century of which they have not heard. All christians adhere to the fundamental principles that Jesus laid down. We believe Jesus to be more than a prophet and thus his words have more clout than the OT.

Remember that Ibrahim is a fundamentalist so anyone who isn't is a heretic. It is inconceivable for him for there to be acceptance of other branches, that good old intolerance he says his religion is against. 

What do you mean? The soldier straight up asked them what they where, the two said they where Sunni Muslims. Right after their trucks where stopped.

An Israeli plot clearly.

Edited by Rozalia

1. How could you claim to be Christian and not adhere to the fundamental principles of your own religion?

2. How could you believe in the bible and at the same time not believe it to be literally true?

Explain.

Whoa wait a minute.

How could you believe in the bible and at the same time not believe it to be literally true?

Well for starters I think we can all agree that was is true must be proven to be true. To prove something is true, it must be proven time and time again to be true. It has to have consistent results, before it can be proven true.

Now is it not true that the Bible was written before the Quran? And before the Bible the Torah? Is it not true other books where written even before the Torah? To this we all know is true.

We know its true that dinosaurs inhabited the Earth millions of years before humans even thought of "God" we know its true because our world runs on it. Now, what came first? The chicken or the egg? We know eggs hatch chickens, so the egg came first. Now what came first? The God or the Idea of God? Well that could be up to interpretation....

Dinosaurs did not worship God. Dinosaurs did not write books in the name of him. They never even thought of him. So why would he have them? Why would God allow them to live?

Humans share DNA with primates, this is true. There are fossils of humans before us, and before they had a brain like ours, and they did not worship God, this is true.

So tell me how, after years of hunter gathering, after years that it took to tame the land, to harvest the resources, to build our towns and to invent paper. That all of a sudden, we started writing books that we where to live by? That these books and texts where the absolute truth and to not live by them was to be punished for eternity? Could you tell me that answer? Because it sounds to me that whomever wrote this book would hold an awful lot of power if he could convince people it was truth.

But again, the truth is what can be proven, time and time again. What is true about the Bible the Quran and the Torah? Well, we know some of the places are true. We know that some of the people are true. But how do we know that the God is true? It never existed before these people wrote it up, imagined it and created it. This God could never be touched,or heard, or seen, or smelled. There's no proof that the Red Sea was parted or that Moses actually spoke with a burning bush.

So what can we conclude from that, what is true about these three religions? We know places and people are true, we know that people wrote these books, we even know when they wrote it. But are their facts true? Is the content true? Did God really do all those things? Did he really just swoop down from nowhere and start talking to these people?

Well what do we know about truth? It must be proven, over and over again. Can we prove that God spoke to these people? No because we can't ask God himself. Can we prove that God helped move humanity along? No because we have not seen him do it. If everything about religion is to be believed that it is literally true, then it must be literally proven if it is to be true. Now back to a question, what came first? The God or the Idea of God? Well we can't prove that God was around before God was even a word. We can't prove God was around before the invention of agriculture. And we can't even prove that God is around to this day.

So what came first? The idea of God. Because it can be proven that God does not exist until the idea of God makes people believe he does exist. People can not worship him until a book tells them how. Therefore the idea of God has to exist before people actually believe God does in fact exist. Also meaning, that no religion can literally be the truth, because the truth of God is that he was invented before he could exist. And he only exsists in a book that was written by man. And those books are the only proof of his existence and that can be proven time and time again. This is true.

• Upvote 1

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

Remember that Ibrahim is a fundamentalist so anyone who isn't is a heretic. It is inconceivable for him for there to be acceptance of other branches, that good old intolerance he says his religion is against. 

Personally I would say the criterion is whether they adhere to the Nicene Creed or not. I don't have any problem with those who don't, in fact I wish them well because we all get to meet God in the end. I don't advocate their murder and I don't think that any real Christian would or could.

That is what I was trying to address with the above post, in particular the last sentence.

Edited by Rob Ap Ioan

And disregards the rest

Now what came first? The God or the Idea of God?

Neither. God did not come into existence, but always existed.

See the Kalam Cosmological argument.

Dinosaurs did not worship God. Dinosaurs did not write books in the name of him. They never even thought of him. So why would he have them? Why would God allow them to live?

Humans share DNA with primates, this is true. There are fossils of humans before us, and before they had a brain like ours, and they did not worship God, this is true.

All things worship God, including all inanimate objects, as well as every living thing, with the exception of mankind who have the option to not live according to the purpose of their creation.

"Do you not see that to Allah prostrates whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth and the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the trees, the moving creatures and many of the people? But upon many the punishment has been justified. And he whom Allah humiliates - for him there is no bestower of honor. Indeed, Allah does what He wills." (Quran 22:18)

There's no proof that the Red Sea was parted or that Moses actually spoke with a burning bush.

Pharaoh's corpse....

Bj4MAS3IcAAw4gi.jpg

egyptian-mummy.jpg

Interesting thing is that he wasn't even mummified nor were all his organs removed.

Edited by Ibrahim
  • Upvote 1
ztt5Wgs.png

Neither. God did not come into existence, but always existed.

All things worship God, including all inanimate objects, as well as every living thing, with the exception of mankind who have the option to not live according to the purpose of their creation.

"Do you not see that to Allah prostrates whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth and the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the trees, the moving creatures and many of the people? But upon many the punishment has been justified. And he whom Allah humiliates - for him there is no bestower of honor. Indeed, Allah does what He wills." (Quran 22:18)

Pharaoh's corpse....

Bj4MAS3IcAAw4gi.jpg

egyptian-mummy.jpg

Interesting thing is that he wasn't even mummified nor were all his organs removed.

Huh, this time I agree with Ibrahim, maybe he should make more smarter posts in the future.

• Upvote 2

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Well of course you fellows aren't going to leave your religious views, and that's fine you have every right to do so. But your not gonna see the logic, and you can't qoute the Bible or the Quran and say "Well here's your proof" books are written by men, not God.

Well of course you fellows aren't going to leave your religious views, and that's fine you have every right to do so. But your not gonna see the logic, and you can't qoute the Bible or the Quran and say "Well here's your proof" books are written by men, not God.

I agree, the god-argument can't be stomped by any logic. 'This is my believe' will always be the answer to any argument. The seems to be no problem with that religion halts rational thought and actually works against progress on some issues. There is absolutly no difference between a god and santa claus. All religious people are atheist towards most gods anyways..

• Upvote 2

No one said they were written by God.

Also, spelling and grammar are important. If you're going to try and push a point, at least look over your work to make sure it's spelled correctly.

Scrub.

You understand the pain I go through everyday.
  • Upvote 1

And you believe we came from nowhere. wow. I know there is a "Higher being". Whether it is God, Allah, Buddha, Chaos, or Odin, nobody will know until they die. So no Religion is right, however Islam is the most radical-killing in the world. 

• Upvote 1

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

I know there is a "Higher being". Whether it is God, Allah, Buddha, Chaos, or Odin, nobody will know until they die. So no Religion is right.

Look who has been exposed as not being a Christian. Let me remind you of what you said to me a few pages back....

Who is more likely to understand Christianity better? An actual Christian like me? Or a Radical Islamist Pagan idiot?

Allow the hypocrisy people, even "Rob Ap Ioan" is at it, take a look at the post he agrees with...

I agree, the god-argument can't be stomped by any logic. 'This is my believe' will always be the answer to any argument. The seems to be no problem with that religion halts rational thought and actually works against progress on some issues. There is absolutly no difference between a god and santa claus. All religious people are atheist towards most gods anyways..

^^^ ... Rob Ap Ioan are you an atheist?

I agree, the god-argument can't be stomped by any logic.

That's because it's logical.

'This is my believe' will always be the answer to any argument.

Not true. Unless you're just giving your beliefs/opinions (like you are now), in which case you shouldn't be surprised if people simply respond with theirs.

ztt5Wgs.png

Look who has been exposed as not being a Christian. Let me remind you of what you said to me a few pages back....

Allow the hypocrisy people, even "Rob Ap Ioan" is at it, take a look at the post he agrees with...

^^^ ... Rob Ap Ioan are you an atheist?

That's because it's logical.

Not true. Unless you're just giving your beliefs/opinions (like you are now), in which case you shouldn't be surprised if people simply respond with theirs.

You're so close minded that even someone allowing others views instead of shooting them down with fundamentalism isn't a "true" whatever their religion is. People with your mindset is very much why religion is dying even if the recorded numbers are still high. Islam has a tighter grip then most with how subjugated their rulers keep people granted, but even it suffers from that at least in the west. 

• Upvote 2

The entire basis of any religion is a supernatural/above logic/knowledge argument (often called 'god'). This basis is by its very definition irrefutable. But in fact its hold the same value as a child who in an yes/no argument states 'always one more yes the your no forever'. 

Not each statement holds the same value just because you post a youtube or a picture of a farao along with qu'ran texts.

The entire basis of any religion is a supernatural/above logic/knowledge argument (often called 'god'). This basis is by its very definition irrefutable. But in fact its hold the same value as a child who in an yes/no argument states 'always one more yes the your no forever'. 

Not each statement holds the same value just because you post a youtube or a picture of a farao along with qu'ran texts.

You must've completely missed my first response...

1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause;
  2. The universe began to exist;
  3. Therefore, the universe has a cause.

Following on from this argument ^

1. The universe has a cause;
  2. If the universe has a cause, then an uncaused, personal Creator of the universe exists, who sans the universe is beginningless, changeless, immaterial, timeless, spaceless and enormously powerful;
  3. Therefore, an uncaused, personal Creator of the universe exists, who sans the universe is beginningless, changeless, immaterial, timeless, spaceless and enormously powerful.

If you want to attempt to disprove this argument, then by all means, go ahead.

I'll be sure to respond :P

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

I liked that post, not because I agreed with it, but because it was impersonal. It was well written and gives a good understanding of Vivke's views.

Isn't Lysanderius a Mormon?

And disregards the rest

I liked that post, not because I agreed with it, but because it was impersonal. It was well written and gives a good understanding of Vivke's views.

Isn't Lysanderius a Mormon?

no. that rumor started when i was in VE and i was taking a road trip through Utah.

I thought you endorsed it though?

no >.> 

i am a christian irl yes but not hardcore. i would rather have other things to do than think about why god gave me 10 fingers to type in this convo

You must've completely missed my first response...

1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause;
  2. The universe began to exist;
  3. Therefore, the universe has a cause.

Following on from this argument ^

1. The universe has a cause;
  2. If the universe has a cause, then an uncaused, personal Creator of the universe exists, who sans the universe is beginningless, changeless, immaterial, timeless, spaceless and enormously powerful;
  3. Therefore, an uncaused, personal Creator of the universe exists, who sans the universe is beginningless, changeless, immaterial, timeless, spaceless and enormously powerful.

If you want to attempt to disprove this argument, then by all means, go ahead.

I'll be sure to respond :P

I dont want to post youtube clips, links to websites I google and pictures with catchy lines, because you will just reply with the same. Lets just stick with:

- you use a loved by-christians idea about logical proof on the existence of a god figure, yay for getting along with the infidels you fake muslim-extremist! ;-)

- even IF (after a yes/no, look at my links/youtube/funny pictures/copy-paste texts line of posts) the Kalam argument would be true, it does not say anything about an interventionist god as in the monotheistic sense of the word. 

no >.> 

i am a christian irl yes but not hardcore.

I know there is a "Higher being". Whether it is God, Allah, Buddha, Chaos, or Odin, nobody will know until they die. So no Religion is right,

ea7fa9a7e0d742f46ac1798202f7e8fd.jpg

I dont want to post youtube clips, links to websites I google and pictures with catchy lines, because you will just reply with the same. Lets just stick with:

I'm studying philosophy (accounting and comparative religion) and there is nothing wrong with posting any of those.

- you use a loved by-christians idea about logical proof on the existence of a god figure

The Kalam Cosmological argument was actually fully articulated by Muslims.

yay for getting along with the infidels you fake muslim-extremist! ;-)

My views are not extreme within Islam, we don't use the word "Infidel" to refer to non-Muslims, and I get along fine with them for the most part.

- even IF (after a yes/no, look at my links/youtube/funny pictures/copy-paste texts line of posts) the Kalam argument would be true, it does not say anything about an interventionist god as in the monotheistic sense of the word. 

Whether or not God intervenes in the world is not what's being argued. Just that there is a God.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

im a Christian not hardcore, it most likely isn't the right way but it's what I believe in, so why am I bushpoccio

• Upvote 1

im a Christian not hardcore, it most likely isn't the right way but it's what I believe in, so why am I bushpoccio

If we go by everything you said, you're more like an irreligious person, who is a "cultural" Christian.

As opposed to one who is a "biblical" Christian.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

If we go by everything you said, you're more like an irreligious person, who is a "cultural" Christian.

As opposed to one who is a "biblical" Christian.

BOBFp4W.png

Need to remind myself of this^

• Upvote 3