Modification to the Inactivity Script

Lu Xun

Have there been any modifications to the inactivity system recently? Sometime since mid-May retention figures have changed enormously; yet when you go out and check the "last active" figures on accounts listed by date, you still see a lot of purples and so on indicating that they will probably be taken into inactivity mode after 30 days, as they are already 7 days inactive. 60 day retention figures, as a corollary, haven't changed much either.

In accordance with the forum rules I am allowed to do so as long as I actually have an account in game, which I keep updated. Beyond that, I've paid for and sent credits out to certain people, so I'm actually a paying user.

One interesting thing about you, and about the game, is that it's still young and dynamic. As games get far older, huge amounts of population end up taking up what is essentially a kibitzing role, because they no longer have the time to play the game seriously, or simply enjoy watching people fight for trivial reasons without putting their own assets at risk. My role is merely to introduce an aspect of what can be alternately called maturity or senility to the game, and while I never came to the game with the intent of annoying people, I now enjoy annoying you with the fact that no matter how much you want to, you can't roll me because I'm at 0 score with effectively 0 resources. It is, in fact, an ultimate freedom.

• Administrators

Yes. This is not a bug, but I did increase the length of time nations are saved from 30 days to 45.

And there's neat little stats on the homepage which I use to monitor activity. You'll see below the description text:

19,621 nations have been simulated to date! 3,287 nations exist now, 1,938 nations have been active in the last week, and 1,541 nations have been active within the last day.

I mainly just pay attention to the last 2 numbers.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link