Very low damage for a moderate success

MethylMercaptan

You ordered a ground attack upon the nation of DarkHearted led by WiseWizard. The attack was a moderate success. Your forces lost 216 soldiers and 0 tanks, while WiseWizard's defenders lost 0 soldiers and 1 tanks. You used 0.00 tons of munitions and 0.00 tons of gasoline executing the attack. The attack destroyed 2.30 infrastructure in the city of Growliath. You stole $0.00 in the attack and destroyed 0 improvements.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=49891

2.30 infrastructure might as well be 0.

2000 soldiers.

Seems like there should be a minimum damage if there isn't already. Even 100 soldiers should be able to do more damage than that, otherwise it's not a victory, it's just a waste of war points.

Edited by MethylMercaptan

The aim of ground attacks isn't to destroy infra, it's to get superiority and destroy the opponents ground force. If you want to destroy infra you need to use an airforce or navy

Ok, but why? Why shouldn't having soldiers storming the cities of the enemy destroy at least a considerable amount of infra?

If there's a limit on infra damage, people would just send tiny weeny amount of soldiers everytime when the enemy is down :ph34r:

But really, all infra damage is directly tied to how many units you send. If you only care enough to send a handful of it, be prepared to get only a handful of infra damage too. You can't expect to shill out 50 infra damage with just $7,000 worth of troops and bullets

UedhRvY.png

If there's a limit on infra damage, people would just send tiny weeny amount of soldiers everytime when the enemy is down :ph34r:

But really, all infra damage is directly tied to how many units you send. If you only care enough to send a handful of it, be prepared to get only a handful of infra damage too. You can't expect to shill out 50 infra damage with just $7,000 worth of troops and bullets

I don't see the difference between sending 20000 and 200 against a negligible defense if you can choose to not use munitions in battle. Either way the attacker doesn't spend anything.

Without a lower minimum you have very little damage being done in wars involving smaller sized nations, nations who should be able to rebound from infra damage more easily than nations with more infra.

I'm not saying 50 infra, but it shouldn't be 2. If my battle that I supposedly "won" and that I expended 6 hours of war points for can be covered 10x over with the income my opponent gains in a single turn, then it's not a win.

Edited by MethylMercaptan