Charlotte Shooting

Ignomious Leader

A local news story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2014/01/22/grand-jury-decides-not-to-indict-officer-in-n-c-shooting-but-questions-remain/

Just wondering what everybody's opinion was on this. Will this be Zimmerman 2.0? To be fair, I've heard some fairly racist people I know say that the officer is clearly guilty of murder, so this might turn into a simple case of police brutality.

Formerly PIP on >Bloc. All hail his irrelevance!

A local news story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2014/01/22/grand-jury-decides-not-to-indict-officer-in-n-c-shooting-but-questions-remain/

Just wondering what everybody's opinion was on this. Will this be Zimmerman 2.0? To be fair, I've heard some fairly racist people I know say that the officer is clearly guilty of murder, so this might turn into a simple case of police brutality.

"Officer Randall Kerrick fired 12 times at 24-year-old former Florida A&M football player Jonathan Ferrell, hitting him 10 times"

What the actual fug. Who shoots anyone ten times because they feel, "threatened"? Outside looking in, but that's just obscene.

1uBr6Lp.png?1

This is the problem with the proliferation of firearms and other deadly weapons - when faced with a potential threat, one must always assume that that threat is armed with a deadly weapon. Objectively justified or not, it makes people more likely to respond to perceived threats with the maximum force available to them (in many cases, lethal force via a firearm).

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.

-snip-

"Officer Randall Kerrick fired 12 times at 24-year-old former Florida A&M football player Jonathan Ferrell, hitting him 10 times"

What the actual fug. Who shoots anyone ten times because they feel, "threatened"? Outside looking in, but that's just obscene.

Pretty status quo in murrica. I get tired turning on the news everyday and seeing a new mass shooting or rampant police abuse. It is just kind of the norm now. 

Qu0js5m.png

Cops man. They only have to qualify with their firearms ONCE A YEAR and they aren't even expected to be that good. Recently they stomped the shit out of a mentally ill man. 

The police need stricter training. Helmet/ear cams (forget what they are called but they have them). And they need to be reminded they do not have more power/control over civilians. Hell this shit is why I'm reconsidering the police academy. All these cops seem to do if !@#$ people over.

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

The police need stricter training. Helmet/ear cams (forget what they are called but they have them). 

I remember seeing a TV show about cops with them. They turned them off during a riot. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

The police need stricter training. Helmet/ear cams (forget what they are called but they have them). 

I remember seeing a TV show about cops with them. They turned them off during a riot. 

Huh I wasn't aware they could turn them off, but now that I think about it that should be obvious.

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

Huh I wasn't aware they could turn them off, but now that I think about it that should be obvious.

I agree that cops should have them that is remotely turned on and off by dispatchers, who are monitored by recordings over the radio. No, not a SP. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Archived