A Moderator's Decision to Suspend

Buorhann

q1k5kSB.png

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6733-a-note-on-guardian-and-the-seven-kingdoms/?p=108076

The link directs to the apparent "offending" post.

Is it really worthwhile to suspend someone for a trivial statement about a "browser game" over what a individual deems "out of character" and risk upsetting a paying player?

Should I go and report every single post in that section of the boards for "out of character" posts to make sure everybody is held to the same standard?

If this suspension was about a insult to a player or posting obscene pictures/texts or even spamming, I'd understand it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Calling out a moderator is also against the rules. 

You were warned for it prior, warn points stack and you get a punishment according to how many points you have. 

For a full list of the rules, read them here. 

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Because apparently this is turning into a big stink, I'll post for clarification.

Buorhann has received 2 verbal warnings previous to this, albeit for different offenses, it's important to note that we have not been heavy handed with moderation. Furthermore, Skynet was following standard procedure, he issued 1 warning point (that expires after 30 days, like all warning points) for a post that was against the rules. Posting about the "browser game" in the in-character forum is against the rules, and he was issued a warning point. The only reason there was a suspension is because he already had a warning point prior to the one he received today.

Now, the Game Rules specifically state that if you have any qualms with a moderator decision to PM me directly. 

Moderation Staff
  • Speculation regarding the identities of game staff and/or revealing identities of game staff is strictly prohibited. These actions are punishable up to, and including, a ban on your forum and game account.
  • Being rude or disrespectful to any of the game staff is not allowed. Creating posts “calling out” moderators or the game staff is prohibited.
  • Any concerns with the moderation staff should be addressed with the game administrator, Sheepy, via pm.
  • Abuse of the report system is strictly prohibited.
  • Do not ask to become a moderator. Moderation positions are invitation only.

This procedure was not followed, which is a further violation of the forum rules, and grounds for the second warning point. The player Buorhann was not specifically targeted, and was not given punishment any different than any other player would have received.

I stand by Skynet's moderation actions, and believe them to be fair and in accordance with the Forum Rules and standard moderator procedure. 

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link