Targeting different cities

Alarik

The current war mechanics only allow you to target the capitol city city with the most infrastructure. While the current system is by no means unworkable, I do think there is some possible room for improvement.

Might I humbly suggest allowing players to attack an opponent's secondary cities?

There are a few ways that this might improve gameplay:

1. It would add a new level of strategy (e.g. attacking the city with the drydock to prevent ships from being used, and stratagems of this nature)
  2. It would save players from the tedious task of rebuilding the same city after every war. Variety is the spice of life...
  3. It adds a certain amount of realism to the game; very few wars in the real world were fought only in one city.
  4. It makes city planning more meaningful, and facilitates critical and tactical thinking in this area.

There's nothing wrong with having the capitol city most developed city as a default target, but I think it would be a worthy use of time to program in this option.

Edited by Alarik

I like this idea. It would deepen strategy. That said, it would also be interesting to see city-specific improvements like SAM sites as a counterbalance.

• Upvote 1

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.