Something go wrong with the recent aircraft change?

Phiney

Targeting infra with 1170 planes against less than 500,

You ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Island of Sodor led by Sir Topham Hatt. The attack was an immense triumph. Your forces lost 57 aircraft, while Sir Topham Hatt's defenders lost 116 aircraft. You used 292.50 munitions and gasoline executing the attack. The attack destroyed 19.14 infrastructure in the city of i dunno.

Can't be right, when 600 planes has done 200 in damage

T7Vrilp.png

I think as long as the enemy nation has a bunch of aircrafts left, even if you have that many more then them the infra damages are much lower until you can knock their airforce down more. If he had less than 100 or 0 the damages would be way higher. 

It probably shouldn't be like that though. If you have 1200 against 500 the infra damages should be huge no matter what.

Edited by Godfrey
  • Upvote 1

I think as long as the enemy nation has a bunch of aircrafts left, even if you have that many more then them the infra damages are much lower until you can knock their airforce down more. If he had less than 100 or 0 the damages would be way higher. 

It probably shouldn't be like that though. If you have 1200 against 500 the infra damages should be huge no matter what.

Why?

-signature removed for rules violation-

If you're attacking with ~700 more airplanes then your opponent it makes sense to me that a nation would take heavy infrastructure damages during the course of that battle. In the real world the damages would be huge so I think it should be the same way in a game that's supposed to simulate that. It cost Phiney around a million in resources just to inflict 19 infra damage. In the future if the damages aren't increased it just means that two nations with huge militaries have no incentive to use them and would just be lobbing missiles or nukes at each other.

Edited by Godfrey

If you're attacking with ~700 more airplanes then your opponent it makes sense to me that a nation would take heavy infrastructure damages during the course of that battle. In the real world the damages would be huge so I think it should be the same way in a game that's supposed to simulate that. It cost Phiney around a million in resources just to inflict 19 infra damage. In the future if the damages aren't increased it just means that two nations with huge militaries have no incentive to use them and would just be lobbing missiles or nukes at each other.

Contested airspace is contested.  When an airforce is focused on gaining air superiority or supremacy they do not conduct many ground attacks.

• Upvote 2

-signature removed for rules violation-

True, I have nukes and all the units are useless besides protecting my infra. Nuke someone and then hit them with ground battles is the only way to go and ships to protect yourself from being embargoed and aircraft to stop them from having an advantage in ground battles.

• Administrators

It's more in the past this kind of attack has done lots of infra damage, I'm just wondering if something has changed

No, I haven't tinkered with damage. You might've just not gotten very lucky, but key factors in damage are:

Your casualties to their casualties ratio, which is affected my your RNG rolls

How much infrastructure is in their city (you can only do like 40% or some similar number off the top of my head in one attack)

How many units you send

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Ok, so I guess because you've increased casualties when bombing infra instead of dogfighting, the ratio will always be much worse when you do infra bombs and they have units still, so maybe the ratio formula that decides infra damage needs tweaking. Even 1170 vs 300 only did 50 infra damage.

Edit:

Sorry but the difference between 300 in defense and 0 in defense when doing infra bombs with 1.2k planes is ridiculous.

You ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Island of Sodor led by Sir Topham Hatt. The attack was an immense triumph. Your forces lost 0 aircraft, while Sir Topham Hatt's defenders lost 0 aircraft. You used 292.50 munitions and gasoline executing the attack. The attack destroyed 223.26 infrastructure in the city of In the.

Edited by Phiney
  • Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png

hmm. i just airstriked someone with Triple my Aircraft (though only 67%, so double) and i got immense triumphs with no losses on my side.

That probably means your opponent doesn't have gasoline or munitions, meaning his aircraft are inoperable.

Edited by Roma

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png