Should guns be banned?

Nordland II

How can you know that he's unarmed? For all you know, he could be planning on raping your dog and forcibly circumcising you. He might have a gun on him, and might be about to whip it out and fire once he's realized you've found him. Uncertainty is a !@#$, man.

Uncertainty makes killing less legitimate, not moreso.  When in doubt, err on the side of mercy and life.  That is the standard to which humans should hold themselves.

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

I'm pretty sure the saying is when in doubt, err on the side of caution. You could !@#$ing die. It seems logical to preserve your own life over that of some lowlife criminal !@#$got.

No, I don't think they should be banned. Finland has the same gun laws as the US, but their grun crimes are low, in Schwitzerland there's literally an assault rifle in every home. So I think the problem is education and the gun worshiping of the US.

As an Australia, we have banned guns over a decade ago after a horrendous massacre. This policy has worked and reduced all gun crime to an almost zero range. Why can't America do the same?

*******THIS IS A PERSONAL ATTACK ZONE BEWARE****** . You just hate me 'cause you ain't me. If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best. I'm just being the true me, so haters go away.

If we can't handle you at your worst, you don't deserve to be here. The elusive admin edit strikes again.

As an Australia, we have banned guns over a decade ago after a horrendous massacre. This policy has worked and reduced all gun crime to an almost zero range. Why can't America do the same?

Because we aren't the descendants of cut purses and cut throats.

Taking that out of the equation. Guns are a much larger part of our history and culture. Competition shooting, hunting, target shooting, home defense guns, and many other forms of gun owner ship exist in the US. Crimes are a very small part of our gun culture. Plus with our economy getting worse and worse we can't really afford the drop in jobs, taxable incomes, and other things that we can't afford to give up.

• Upvote 1
Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

Taking that out of the equation. Guns are a much larger part of our history and culture. Competition shooting, hunting, target shooting, home defense guns, and many other forms of gun owner ship exist in the US. Crimes are a very small part of our gun culture. Plus with our economy getting worse and worse we can't really afford the drop in jobs, taxable incomes, and other things that we can't afford to give up.

How does increased gun control lead to a loss in jobs, taxable incomes and other things we can't afford to give up?

*******THIS IS A PERSONAL ATTACK ZONE BEWARE****** . You just hate me 'cause you ain't me. If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best. I'm just being the true me, so haters go away.

If we can't handle you at your worst, you don't deserve to be here. The elusive admin edit strikes again.

How does increased gun control lead to a loss in jobs, taxable incomes and other things we can't afford to give up?

The thousands of jobs in the Gunsmithing business ?

That only represents a tiny portion of GDP, is the industry really of significant enough size that removing guns in households could damage the economy?

That only represents a tiny portion of GDP, is the industry really of significant enough size that removing guns in households could damage the economy?

There are three gun shops within 45 minutes from my house. Two of which never have less than 10-13  people (gun smiths, reloading experts, experts on rifles shotguns and handguns) working, even on slow days. Should bans or restrictions be put in place they would not be able to employ as many people, or even stay in business. Add on to the fact that right now people are having a hard enough time finding work. Now add manufacturers that make the guns and assemble them, the people that manufacture ammo, reloading presses, powder, accessories, military surplus dealers. The list goes on.

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

Seriously every single person who makes a living off the gun industry has numerous skills that will translate immediately and easily to another industry.  This is not a reasonable objection to gun control measures.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Seriously every single person who makes a living off the gun industry has numerous skills that will translate immediately and easily to another industry.  This is not a reasonable objection to gun control measures.

That has nothing to do with my argument. They already have jobs, gun controls will take that from them. Plus having skills does not mean you can find employment, and even when you do find employment you don't always get a job that has to do with your skills. My uncle has his degree in graphic design, he installs tile and wood floors and paints apartments. My mom has her degree and licenses to be an EMT, she works as a care taker for people with special needs, mental and physical. Skills do not equal jobs, especially on top of the unemployment that already exists.

Az6EzuS.png

I mean, if we legalized cannibalism and fed the homeless into a meat grinder we could create jobs and lower unemployment but somehow I feel like the jobs aspect isn't what anybody gives a !@#$ about here or in the gun control debate.

I mean, if we legalized cannibalism and fed the homeless into a meat grinder we could create jobs and lower unemployment but somehow I feel like the jobs aspect isn't what anybody gives a !@#$ about here or in the gun control debate.

http://iget2work.com/unemploymentclock.html

Want to go add 50,000-130,000 to this? 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Let's call that 62,750,000 because it goes up over time.

Taking the highest number that you came up with out of your ass, 130,000 is .2% of that. An amount that falls well within the margin of error (margin of error of only 2% which would be unheard of... would be +/- 1,255,000).

Kurdy brought up the GDP and our economy, I was explaining how yes it will negatively impact it.

• Upvote 1

Az6EzuS.png

Let's call that 62,750,000 because it goes up over time.

Taking the highest number that you came up with out of your !@#$, 130,000 is .2% of that. An amount that falls well within the margin of error (margin of error of only 2% which would be unheard of... would be +/- 1,255,000).

The gun industry (directly) employs about 180,000. I was talking about those guys AND others affected by that. 

Also, try controlling guns now. 

http://gizmodo.com/100-000-people-have-already-downloaded-3d-printed-gun-p-498755006

http://mashable.com/2013/08/06/update-3d-printed-rifle/

Taking into count that you have to have a 3d printer, at least one of them will be making these because it could easily make them cash. That gives you about enough guns to shoot up a school. Plus the people who know how to make real guns and do so for a living, gun control has no shot. 

Shot. Get it? Talking about gun control? I suck with jokes

snip

12: quoting an opinion article.

You know where this image now goes, huh?

Hint: it rhymes with 'the rash'

But only one thing was quoted from it. Therefore one part can go in the place that rhymes with rash. 

I like guns because they go "pew pew"

Not all of them. My nugget goes "boom click click boom" and garands go "pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew ping"

Az6EzuS.png