government strength

Hereno

a new mechanic called "government strength" represents the stability of your regime

a 5/5 stability rating gets you all of the effects of your government type

a 1/5 stability rating gets you half of the effects, and also your nation has a random chance of riots which destroy some infra and soldiers

raises +1 per day if at peace, can be lowered by losing wars or through spy attacks

a stability rating of at least 3/5 is necessary to change government types, and will result in a loss of 2 stability

Edited by Hereno

Personally I don't like this suggestion. It doesn't offer anything positive to the game, it only deals more damage to those losing a war and slows recovery.

Maybe you should change this to a spy option, it induces a riot that deals infra damage, soldier loss and can possibly restrict a government change for a certain amount of time.

• Upvote 1

LordRahl2, on 10 Jul 2015 - 5:53 PM, said: "Imagine it. Lets say that Sheepy had an idea that was at lest questionable. As a way out there idea lets say he thought about adding T-Rexs to the game in some way." "As you know this is hypothetical since Sheepy has never considered adding T-Rexs to the game."

Personally I don't like this suggestion. It doesn't offer anything positive to the game, it only deals more damage to those losing a war and slows recovery.

This.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Maybe you should change this to a spy option, it induces a riot that deals infra damage, soldier loss and can possibly restrict a government change for a certain amount of time.

i get that income bonuses and upgrades and everything are nice, but sometimes it can add something positive to the game to reintroduce setbacks and increase the difficulty. handicaps make the bonuses even better when viewed relatively, and this also allows for an impermanent but noticeable loss/damage mechanic for wars not directly based around infra.

Not a bad idea in my opinion.

Fix existing code before implementing new features.

The wonderful thing about coding is you can add minor things like this while also working to improve what you already have. My question would be, what part of the code? If you're talking about things like certain military units and what not Sheepy's going to have to rely on feedback on those things which takes times

Edited by Shellhound

uHQTKq6.png