Texas 2014 - Abbott vs Davis

Jerry LeRow

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Abbott
    • Davis

Why on earth would the US government spend millions of dollars to fix a problem that isn't a problem at all?

Because it IS a problem. Go to El Paso and look for people voting. You find people vote like 3 times. 

How would free photo IDs be against the Constitution?

Because the person has to go out of their way to front up to the DMV/clerk's office/whatever to have their photo taken and to retrieve their card, which costs them time - and time is money, this is time spent that they could be working instead. More than a few people have enough trouble getting time off work to vote let alone to get an ID.

Time does not legally poses any monetary value. If it did, then I would sue EA for wasting my time on SimCity. 11 months and still doesn't work. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Because it IS a problem. Go to El Paso and look for people voting. You find people vote like 3 times. 

Even if there were a dozen people who do that, that would amount to thirty votes in a city of 672,538 people.

That is not what any reasonable person would call a problem worth the government's time to fix.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Even if there were a dozen people who do that, that would amount to thirty votes in a city of 672,538 people.

That is not what any reasonable person would call a problem worth the government's time to fix.

And there is almost nothing they can do to fix it. IDs wouldn't help, someone could just make a fake one.

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

And there is almost nothing they can do to fix it. IDs wouldn't help, someone could just make a fake one.

Try faking watermarks, strings only seen under UV light, and RFIDs. Just try. 

Because of the way the Electoral Collage works, yes it does. It's not even 10 people, its literally over 9,000.  The smugglers bring up people. Those people are illegal immigrants. Immigrants tend to be democratic. Illegal immigrants can easily vote, and vote multiple times. Therefore Texas will soon be blue, when the legal population will be red. It IS that bad. I mean there is almost no wall. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico%E2%80%93United_States_barrier

Expansion freeze[edit]

President Barack Obama ordered a halt to the expansion of the "virtual fence," the Department of Homeland Security announced on March 16, 2010.[26]The money would be used to upgrade current border technology.

Local efforts[edit]

In response to a perceived lack of will on the part of the federal government to build a secure border fence, and a lack of state funds, Arizona officials plan to launch a website allowing donors to help fund a state border fence. "And [the Arizona plan] clearly is a failure. The committee has raised only $264,000. A fence is not in the offing."[27]

Okay. I can do that.

Where do you get this RFID? They are easy to program, but who sells them that small, and the right type? 

9000 illegal immigrants voted in El Paso in the last election?  B.S.  Show me evidence.

Impersonation of voters at a polling place is a terrible way to steal an election.  It wouldn't even make sense to do it that way, if you were going to steal an election.

Here's a discussion of the issue from the Wall Street Journal, which is hardly what anyone would call a liberal newspaper.  http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/counting-voter-fraud-1165/

• Upvote 1

9000 illegal immigrants voted in El Paso in the last election?  B.S.  Show me evidence.

Impersonation of voters at a polling place is a terrible way to steal an election.  It wouldn't even make sense to do it that way, if you were going to steal an election.

Here's a discussion of the issue from the Wall Street Journal, which is hardly what anyone would call a liberal newspaper.  http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/counting-voter-fraud-1165/

Is there anything in that article about how the voting machines are so easily hackable that sperm could rig it?

Give me your address so I can send you a plane ticket to El Paso, THEN you will see. You won't need a return ticket, though.

I've been to El Paso.  I grew up in New Mexico.  I'm fully familiar with border issues, and the reactionary demagogues who make their political careers off of exploiting middle- and lower-class white people's fear of Hispanics.  And I'm also fully familiar with the fact that you don't have any evidence to back up your claims.  If you did, you'd provide it.

Have you been to El Paso since Obama pretty much made a yellow brick road from Mexico to America for illegals?

(Below includes other areas, but mainly the boarder area)

http://www.rnla.org/votefraud.asp

11/2/12: TEXAS: vote harvesting ring, posthumous voting, absentee ballot fraud 
"The Texas Secretary of State has asked the state Attorney General to look into a complaint of "vote-harvesting" centered around a San Antonio cemetery." Complaint alleges widespread voter fraud in South Texas, Gonzales Cannon, Nov. 2, 2012.

8/2/12: TEXAS: nonresident voting "Upshur County GOP Chairman Ken Ambrose has filed a new complaint with the Texas attorney general regarding potential voter fraud in the county’s primary election....Ambrose said at least six people participated in early voting for the May 29 Republican Primary with “questionable†addresses." Christina Lane, Upshur County GOP chairman alleges voter fraud, News Journal, August 2, 2012.

7/29/12: TEXAS: vote fraud 

"According to the amended petition, more than 30 people cast a ballot who were not registered to vote at least 30 days before the election. The petition states the voters registered between May 14-19. The primary was May 29. It also lists several voters who submitted mail-in ballots stating they are disabled. Barrera's petition asks for those ballots to be declared void because those people are not disabled. Others, the petition states, have permanent addresses in Alice but actually live in Corpus Christi." Julie Silva, Jim Wells Election Contest Goes to Court, Caller, July 29, 2012.

7/6/12: TEXAS: dead voting 

"There are about 325 supercentenarians in the country and 79th District Attorney Armando Barrera finds it hard to believe 18 of them voted in the Brooks County primary in May." Julie Silva, Allegations of voter fraud in Jim Wells, Brooks counties, Corpus Christi Caller, July 7, 2012.

Just to name a few. 

Allegations, generally from Republicans. I see no proof.

Hint: Allegations are not proof. I can allege that zebras have ten legs - that doesn't make it so.

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.

Photo ID laws are not designed and perpetuated by those in power in order to make the voting process some how more transparent like they have got the anti-immigration masses to believe. Voter ID is a way of making it harder for the democratic process to work, not easier or better, so that it is more convenient for the corrupt to do as they please.

There is a reason the NC voter ID laws also increased donor money limits, while at the same time making it harder for people to vote.

• Upvote 2
EHEqT.jpg

Photo ID laws are not designed and perpetuated by those in power in order to make the voting process some how more transparent like they have got the anti-immigration masses to believe. Voter ID is a way of making it harder for the democratic process to work, not easier or better, so that it is more convenient for the corrupt to do as they please.

There is a reason the NC voter ID laws also increased donor money limits, while at the same time making it harder for people to vote.

How does it make it harder for you to vote? Sorry you guys are lazy and sit around begging for the government to pay you. 

Is there anything in that article about how the voting machines are so easily hackable that sperm could rig it?

No but seriously, if you're actually worried about the lolectoral process, this is what you should be angry about.

How does it make it harder for you to vote? Sorry you guys are lazy and sit around begging for the government to pay you. 

How? I am still trying to figure this out. 

How can you possibly be confused about how "Show up at the polls and tell the poll worker your name, then vote" is easier than "Get a photo ID, then show up to the polls, tell the poll worker your name and show him/her your ID, wait for the poll worker to approve the form of your ID, then vote?"  You may not think the difference is substantial, but the fact that it exists cannot be disputed.

How can you possibly be confused about how "Show up at the polls and tell the poll worker your name, then vote" is easier than "Get a photo ID, then show up to the polls, tell the poll worker your name and show him/her your ID, wait for the poll worker to approve the form of your ID, then vote?"  You may not think the difference is substantial, but the fact that it exists cannot be disputed.

Get photo ID

They MAIL the ID to you. You can get on the internet to get the ID, go to the DMV, or mail them with some documents.

Also, I cam find enough money on the street for a stamp.

Oh my god! I have to wait an extra 30 seconds for the guy to approve.

Also, increasing the regular photo ID price about 40% would offset the cost of free IDs to the people without them.

I've never understood how one lives in the US and doesn't have a photo ID. It seems one is required for almost everything these days.

EXACTLY!!! 

http://www.nyc.gov/html/id/html/why/why.shtml

Get a Job

Your employers will need you to show proof of identity before you start working.  

Cash a Check

You need a photo ID to cash a personal or payroll check.  

Open a Bank Account

Most banks ask for your Social Security number and a government-issued ID.  

Get an Apartment

A photo ID is required to sign a lease.  

Apply for College

Colleges ask for Social Security numbers, and may ask for photo ID.  

Travel on an Airplane

Adult passengers have to show government-issued ID to board a flight.  

Receive Public Benefits such as Health Insurance

To be eligible for some public benefits you need to prove your identity, age and residence.  

Enter Government Buildings for Meetings and Appointments

You need photo ID to enter some government facilities.  

Get a Library Card

You need to prove your identity and your residence to get a library card.  

Get Discounts at Museums and Theme Parks

If you can prove that you’re under a certain age, you can get deals on museum and theme park admissions.  

Get a Gym Membership

Some gyms require official photo ID to sign up to be a member.