Is China a superpower?

Guest Ronald Reagen

Using wikipedia as a source...

China can't project power globally. It has one aircraft carrier. It has almost no global projection capacity. They have numbers but no logistical support.

The fact many EU members are also members of NATO doesn't mean anything. It certainly doesn't make them more federal. You can't try to pretend Romania and the UK have joint foreign policy, or that Poland and Spain share military support, just because they happen to be in the same alliance bloc.

China is touted as a potential superpower because people like to be sensationalist. Maybe one day it will be on a par with the USA. Right now it is not even remotely close.

Wikipedia is a perfectly reliable source. Need I really explain why?

China can project it's power globally. It's a simple as signing some trade embargoes. Not to mention the Chinese navy basically runs south east Asia now. You really aren't giving them the slightest bit of the credit they deserve.

The EU and NATO actually DO have a joint foreign policy, as I just showed you. And yes, all NATO members support each other militarily, as it's expected of them as members of a military alliance. The EU may not be one nation, but that's not required to have global power, influence and projection. They all share an economy and nearly every one of them belongs to NATO. I mean, the EU is more like a sub economic section of NATO these days.

China is touted as a potential superpower because people like to be sensationalist. Maybe one day it will be on a par with the USA. Right now it is not even remotely close.

We still have the rest of the 21st century to go, according to the definition of a "potential superpower." You say they aren't even remotely close when they just surpassed our economy.

OK...

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Using wikipedia as a source...

Wikipedia has sources on it, unless it says [CITATION NEEDED]

EDIT: Fox Fire beat me to it. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png