A few new improvements and resource ideas

Speaker Faris Wheeler

Name a building, firstly, that doesnt need wood to build. That being said a refined food product needs to be necessary for a commerce improvement to operate because it creates a use for food that can make it more valuable. Using an increased value for food can then make it more important to plan for winter when crops shrink. Make everything that needs built require lumber so its in high demand as well. It is more realistic and can also add increased balance to the resource market

The only resources I'd like to see added to PW are Refined Uranium and Limestone/Cement (makes sense that you should need cement to make improvements).

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

Name a building, firstly, that doesnt need wood to build. That being said a refined food product needs to be necessary for a commerce improvement to operate because it creates a use for food that can make it more valuable. Using an increased value for food can then make it more important to plan for winter when crops shrink. Make everything that needs built require lumber so its in high demand as well. It is more realistic and can also add increased balance to the resource market

Realistic

You're talking realism in a game where I can flash-build a city of one hundred thousand people, complete with banks, shopping malls, stadiums, police stations, nuclear power plant, farms, barracks, and 1500 miles of land in a single night. The game where you can literally plop your nation in the middle of freaking Pacific ocean and can still declare war on a nation located on the Arctic circle without having to establish a supply line whatsoever.

Sure, it looks realistic here.

Maybe it'll be more fun if people can stop using the word realistic to justify their barely thought out suggestions

• Upvote 2
UedhRvY.png

Dont get defensive over wanting to work the tiny kinks out of an otherwise fantastic idea. Lumber is excellent because it is a building material that can be used EVERYWHERE for EVERYTHING. refined food product is excellent because it CONSUMES an OVERPRODUCED resource. A temporary solution to a power shortage is great and what better than solar power? Civil and commerce can be whatever because its all in what sheepy would like to make to even everything out. Military would indeed be difficult but maybe something lumber based like a fortification that helps soldiers defend a little better? Oh another LUMBER USE.

I think if we are to add anymore complexity to the game, it should be needed. As of right now, that complexity is not needed and is hard to balance in the first place. While these could be fair suggestions, the demand for new improvements simply isn't there.

• Upvote 1

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Maybe it'll be more fun if people can stop using the word realistic to justify their barely thought out suggestions

I don't think that realism should be completely ignored, but it most certainly should be an afterthought at best. Everything should be semi-grounded in reality and not be completely batshit insane but beyond that, yea, I can see where you're coming from.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win