NEW ALLIANCE RANK

Longstrip

I think there should be another alliance rank. The rank would be between a member and an officer. Let's suppose the new rank as rank X Unlike an officer the anyone promoted to the rank X could not post an announcement. Though he could promote a member to rank X and use the bank depending on the settings. All higher ranks can promote or demote people from this rank.

This is a good update because promotion will become more often. Currently promotions in the top 10 alliances are quite difficult to archive. This update will make promotions more common and more easily achievable.

This need the attention from Sheepy.

Edited by Longstrip

I believe I've made a similar suggestion previously, but I'd really like a second "member" rank purely so I could differentiate my members better. For example, I want to be able to promote some members to a group where they might be displayed in the gov range without actually having any powers.

• Upvote 1

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

I believe I've made a similar suggestion previously, but I'd really like a second "member" rank purely so I could differentiate my members better. For example, I want to be able to promote some members to a group where they might be displayed in the gov range without actually having any powers.

Yeah that is also an advantage of the new rank but the member and Rank X should have a difference in powers, just like I suggested that Rank X should be able promote and demote members.

Authority is not necessarily why it is being asked for, IMO.  

Say you have a gov system like

Leader->2nd in command->Senior Gov->Deputies->CIVIL SERVICE WORKERS->membership

Say if you just want to separate those service workers from the regular membership, maybe they are recruiters, defense staff, etc - you can now just group them like that.

Make a system where you can make as many ranks as you want ( 5 levels at max, ordinary member level included) and assign powers as you see fit.

This can be done by having checkboxes against the different powers. Simply create a new rank and tick the boxes of the powers you want that rank to have. 

In my opinion, this meets both objectives - to have officers in name only and to have officers in middle management which are shown on the main alliance page and have different powers.

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

Make a system where you can make as many ranks as you want ( 5 levels at max, ordinary member level included) and assign powers as you see fit.

This can be done by having checkboxes against the different powers. Simply create a new rank and tick the boxes of the powers you want that rank to have. 

In my opinion, this meets both objectives - to have officers in name only and to have officers in middle management which are shown on the main alliance page and have different powers.

This idea has been consider quite a few times now. The downside of ur idea is that it would be quite complicated. This idea is used in another game I used to play.

I don't think it'd be very complicated to code. A little time consuming maybe. But I'll let Sheepy speak for that.

It does add a lot more scope for cutomization.

I do not think sheepy likes ur idea because this idea has been proposed many times but it has not yet been considered as an update by sheepy. So I think my idea would be better.

For those who say that there should be not difference in authority of a member and a Rank X, we there is no use of having a two ranks with the same authority and the only difference between Rank X and a member would be that Rank X could kick out, promote(to Rank X) or demote members.

I do not think sheepy likes ur idea because this idea has been proposed many times but it has not yet been considered as an update by sheepy. So I think my idea would be better.

How about we let Sheepy decide what Sheepy likes?

I definitely lean towards the option to make alliance ranks a lot more customizable. I really would advise against letting the laziness of some users get in the way of letting us use a tool to its full potential. A possible point at which we can meet at the middle would be to provide some defaults (like what we have now) for those who want to avoid the complications of customization.

xzhPlEh.png?1