Help in API

Jesus Prime

I’m following the politics and war api tutorial and I have got to the part for the conditional formatting however the color palette doesn’t seem to be working for the date? Is this due to the it being not a value as it is represented as X/X/XXXX 00+00?

by devvy

• Administrators

I will share your question there, but I would recommend joining this Discord server for assistance with the API: https://discord.gg/vdbSNHGdWJ

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I think this is more of an issue you're having with conditional formatting in Sheets rather than an issue with the API. With that being said... if I have a bunch of datetimes in Column B, my conditional formatting for column B would be something like this:

Format cells if... Custom formula is

=NOW()-TIME(2,0,0)<B1

This will add the formatting style if the datetime was within the last 2 hours. For more information, see the TIME and DATE function docs. I hope this small example is enough to get you on the right track.

• Thanks 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

15 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

I think this is more of an issue you're having with conditional formatting in Sheets rather than an issue with the API. With that being said... if I have a bunch of datetimes in Column B, my conditional formatting for column B would be something like this:

Format cells if... Custom formula is

=NOW()-TIME(2,0,0)<B1

This will add the formatting style if the datetime was within the last 2 hours. For more information, see the TIME and DATE function docs. I hope this small example is enough to get you on the right track.

Thanks! It’s now working. I also have some other ideas with conditions that I want to test. Although I might need some more help to create a discord bot 😅 so I’ll ask around on the discord a bit.

• Like 2