How do I IRC?

Pwnius Scrubius

So I was trying to get on IRC to ask how to post farm legally

But IRC wouldn't work, a bit as if my IP was blocked

I tried using a VPN, Hola to be exact and IRC worked before. Pubstomper can confirm this since I chatted a bit with him.

http://i.imgur.com/AwIKBn1.png

I feel like the solution is really easy and that I did something dumb

Your IP has been z-lined by Coldfront

Btw, don't use Hola, ever, as Hola may use you as an exit node on their service. If someone does something illegal and you are an exit node, you may be liable for it.

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

why not just use the in game irc ?

I am you troll

Your IP has been z-lined by Coldfront

Btw, don't use Hola, ever, as Hola may use you as an exit node on their service. If someone does something illegal and you are an exit node, you may be liable for it.

Except I don't know what that means.

Also thanks for the Hola heads up, I'll look into it.

Btw can you give me your source?

Edited by Pwnius Scrubius

A lot of this is generally known stuff to people who use IRC often. For example, there are a lot of ways to exploit the current way IRC functions that some people in IRC definitely know of. *Cough* Snowman23 *cough* I don't where you would find this outside of a chat because the providers are never going to admit it.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

• Administrators

Looks like Coldfront doesn't like your ISP or something. I'm not sure why, if you can use your VPN to get in, go to #coldfront channel or #irchelp and ask an admin why you're z-lined.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I am you troll

Except I don't know what that means.

Also thanks for the Hola heads up, I'll look into it.

Btw can you give me your source?

Since I'm lazy I'm going to link some guy on reddit who explains it 

Even a free VPN is better, they may give your info to the government, but at least you won't risk getting in trouble for someone else.

I should also mention that it does depend on your countries laws, AFAIK IP isn't enough evidence to get you convicted in the USA but that doesn't mean they aren't going to take you to court forcing you to pay legal fees.

tl;dr Just get a free VPN instead

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Looks like Coldfront doesn't like your ISP or something. I'm not sure why, if you can use your VPN to get in, go to #coldfront channel or #irchelp and ask an admin why you're z-lined.

What's weird is before it didn't work, a few days pass and I can do a bit of chatting. Tried again 2-3 days later and I get the same error/message/whateverucallitibadatcompooter

Wait.. how do I change channels? God I'm terrible at this stuff.

Edited by Pwnius Scrubius

• Administrators

What's weird is before it didn't work, a few days pass and I can do a bit of chatting. Tried again 2-3 days later and I get the same error/message/whateverucallitibadatcompooter

Wait.. how do I change channels? God I'm terrible at this stuff.

You can be in multiple channels at once, use the command /join like this:

/join #irchelp

It may be that you've got a dynamic IP that's occasionally marking you as a bad guy.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

You can be in multiple channels at once, use the command /join like this:

/join #irchelp

It may be that you've got a dynamic IP that's occasionally marking you as a bad guy.

But I get kicked out before I can do anything.

• Administrators

But I get kicked out before I can do anything.

You'll have to connect using a VPN to get it sorted out so that you'll be able to connect normally afterward.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Underlordgc made a couple recommendations, I've never really used them myself.

Since I'm lazy I'm going to link some guy on reddit who explains it 

Even a free VPN is better, they may give your info to the government, but at least you won't risk getting in trouble for someone else.

I should also mention that it does depend on your countries laws, AFAIK IP isn't enough evidence to get you convicted in the USA but that doesn't mean they aren't going to take you to court forcing you to pay legal fees.

tl;dr Just get a free VPN instead

Forums Rules | Game Link

It was one recommendation  :P

I'm recommend using Tunnel Bear as they are the only free VPN that I'm aware of that isn't as horrid as Hotspot Shield. They do have a bandwidth limit though. Coldfront might have rules against using VPN's but your IP is already Z-lined anyways so...

*whistles*

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

It was one recommendation  :P

I'm recommend using Tunnel Bear as they are the only free VPN that I'm aware of that isn't as horrid as Hotspot Shield. They do have a bandwidth limit though. Coldfront might have rules against using VPN's but your IP is already Z-lined anyways so...

*whistles*

>tfw tunnelbear isn't for Linux

I used tunnelbear before actually, I liked it. I can get start paying money now but I'm linux right now D: