Use % of cities vs % of score for war declaration range

Sweeeeet Ronny D

Coming in hot with what will probably be another unpopular suggestion.  To be honest I dont think I like this suggestion either, but might as well toss it out there incase it hasnt been discussed before.

People are always complaining about being able to down declare on people with half their cities.  One way to possibly balance the scale here, is instead of using city score, you use city count, so you can hit anyone 33% below your city count and anyone 33% above your city count and that is your war range.  And maybe we set a blanket ±5 city range for the little guys.

Meh. Having it as a percentage just means the down declares get more and more egregious the larger you get. A c35, for example, would be able to declare on a c24. And that c24 would be able to declare on a c17. I also feel like it should still take military capacity into consideration. It's just a really hard mechanic to balance and I think some of the community should sit down and try to work through the math as it stands and/or try to consider alternative, balanced methods of calculating score. Idk.

• Upvote 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of something similar. My suggestion would be the following:

- Keep the score range as the default war range method
- Down declares are capped at a 10 city difference limit

So basically, the current score range system applies....but if your target nation has over 10 less cities than you, you're considered out of range. The fix still allows for players to do some serious down declaring...but removes the extreme side of down declaring that nations can do.

Edited by Nintendo
  • Upvote 2