Making Nation Location Useful

Adam II

Nation Locations

At the moment, nation locations dont do too much. Other than radiation and having specified resources for each continent, they dont serve much purpose. I'm not saying these things arn't cool and useful, but I could imagine LOADS of different ways nation locations could be better optimized. Here are a my best 2 that I can be bothered to write out:

1) Being able to invade neighbors for land
 - You could have all your alliance in one location and as one you can fight the people around you to get more land.
 - You could only attack people around you, overseas (even more room for mechanics) or through agreeing neighborhoods.
 -  Land controlled could count towards more population or a bonus every turn depending on the land controlled
 - Possibly some continents give more $$$ so more competition
 - Could be battles for ports or highland
 - Even space itself could be incorporated to somehow attack others or smthng
 - Limit land controlled per person so world map isnt dominated too much

2) Everyone has an equal piece of land in a realm of some sorts
- A 'realm' consists of stages
- You can only move up a realm if you control x% of it or x amount of 'target points'.
- You can claim realm bits by attacking 'targets' on your continent randomly assigned daily.
- If target is defeated, target goes back to 1st realm, and winner gets target points or land in realm
- Targets could be very close to your range so it's fair
- Higher your realm more turn bonus/daily login you get

These could still incorporate radiation and specified resources, and would make the game way more exciting.

The problem with politics and war rn is that it gets boring a bit quickly.
-Wars are just a numbers game; raiding is boring after 2 weeks,
- Your nation's improvements are not very unique
- New content is barely ever added. I'm almost never excited for a p and w update. Before some idiot comes in and says 'Too complicated' or smthng, these are all SUGGESTIONS if the dev team wanted to, they probably could. I'm not hating on the dev team, all I want is some new exciting content. The game hasn't had a game-changing update in a loooongg time.

Adam II :)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

its gonna end like people finding a piece of land that gives the best stats and people going to it, adding nothing in the game other than an even more inflated economy, otherwise I see the intention behind it

Edited by dDARS
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I get what you mean about how it might cause inflation but people could find a bit of land and fight over it. Think of all the excitement? A land called whatever the victor wants to call it and getting a lot of bonuses. Wars would be fought, thats the whole point. Or you could even remove that certain land gives more loot. Just more land more loot. 

Inflationwise you could nerf commerce buildings or smthng to counteract it idk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam II said:

Think of all the excitement? A land called whatever the victor wants to call it and getting a lot of bonuses.

It's going to end like treasures, people will "sell" the land by intentionally losing a war. Wars are expensive and it only benefits the higher tier more, we need something that would balance the tiers because realistically, a new player will never catch up unless they are fine with mass raiding and the cooldown which only serves to slow them down 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, dDARS said:

It's going to end like treasures, people will "sell" the land by intentionally losing a war. Wars are expensive and it only benefits the higher tier more, we need something that would balance the tiers because realistically, a new player will never catch up unless they are fine with mass raiding and the cooldown which only serves to slow them down 

You stated 3 problems each of which were very well thought out. The only answer to them were to magpie some stuff from my second idea.
Basically there are tier, gold silver bronze etc. You move through them as you more space and go down if you lose a war. Targets daily that are close to your score.

1. People would sell land by losing a war on purpose
 It would be worth more to proceed to the next tier than lose on purpose. The land that gives you extra loot would be automatically owned by the strongest person. 
Best person in 24 hours proceeds to next tier? 

2. Wars are expensive and benefits the higher tier more
There could be a fixed amount you get after you move up a tier eg. 5m,7m...
This would help smaller players to be able to recover. 
For this feature you have to be 7 days old or smthng
Possibly a Legendary arena in which you stay unless you're inactive

3. A new player wont catch up
The raiding parameters or targets would be very close to your actual score
The resources they find would possibly encourage them

Obviously this idea has flaws, I'm just suggesting that the dev team try think outside the  box and make updates that we're excited for. There are loads of different way the map feature could be optimised

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adam II said:

It would be worth more to proceed to the next tier than lose on purpose. The land that gives you extra loot would be automatically owned by the strongest person. 
Best person in 24 hours proceeds to next tier? 

Strongest Person is defined how?

Wars are expensive and benefits the higher tier more
There could be a fixed amount you get after you move up a tier eg. 5m,7m...
This would help smaller players to be able to recover. 
For this feature you have to be 7 days old or smthng
Possibly a Legendary arena in which you stay unless you're inactive

Is this about Nation Location or "Leagues"

A new player wont catch up
The raiding parameters or targets would be very close to your actual score
The resources they find would possibly encourage them

This will increase war in a tier that is all war, which the main problem is the High Tier being too "dominant" meaning that New Nations have a very small chance of making it to the High Tier and contend with other nations. Could this feature be for alliances, like Colour Trade Blocs are? The goal isn't Individual Wars, it's Alliance Wars, that is what keeps the game alive

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dDARS said:

This will increase war in a tier that is all war, which the main problem is the High Tier being too "dominant" meaning that New Nations have a very small chance of making it to the High Tier and contend with other nations. Could this feature be for alliances, like Colour Trade Blocs are? The goal isn't Individual Wars, it's Alliance Wars, that is what keeps the game alive

Yes, I think that would be a very good solution, I think I kind of meant that but didnt know how non-aligned people would be able to join in.
This feature could be alliances only as realistically, non-aligned nations wouldn't have much of a chance

23 hours ago, Adam II said:

1) Being able to invade neighbors for land
 - You could have all your alliance in one location and as one you can fight the people around you to get more land.

When I said strongest person, that's defined as most land controlled, but I think if we scrap the concept of individual wars and have alliance wars instead it would be way better.

I thought that by possibly implementing a league reward system, it might reward players and incentivize newbies to take part and benifit newer players aswell. Looking back, this isn't a very good solution as newer players would not have a chance, compared to experienced raiders and such.

By winning an alliance war and taking part of an alliances 'space' you would be earning more money as an alliance, I think that would be pretty cool. 
It would also fix the issue of people possibly selling 'space' as it would be your alliance that controls it and would be worth a considerable amount to them.

Looking forward to your feedback,
Adam :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam II said:

By winning an alliance war and taking part of an alliances 'space' you would be earning more money as an alliance, I think that would be pretty cool. 
It would also fix the issue of people possibly selling 'space' as it would be your alliance that controls it and would be worth a considerable amount to them.

I actually like this idea, more Alliance Oriented, and a sort of "Alliance Event"
Problems could arise due to Larger Alliances winning all of the time, but the "land" to fight over would be global and could give resource production

There's another thing too, how the servers would handle it. Alex doesn't take heavy updates due to server issues, and this update involving a new land system constantly changing with Alliances that have hundreds of people participating could heavily strain the servers

• Like 1

I suggested at the beginning that your alliance has a capped amount of land depending on their score or something. There's probably a different answer thats better

It could only change at day change so it doesnt have to constantly update it? Even that might strain the servers. I'm not sure. It could become a seasonal event that goes on for a week every month or 2 and the winner gets loot and an alliance badge. That way it might not strain the servers that much?

Edited by Adam II
  • Like 1

@Alex  @Dr Rush
Thoughts? 

Being able to invade neighbors for land
 - You could only attack people around you, overseas (even more room for mechanics) or through agreeing neighborhoods.
 -  Land controlled could count towards an alliance bonus every turn depending on the land controlled
 - Possibly some continents give more $$$ so more competition
 - By winning an alliance war and taking part of an alliances 'space' you would be earning more money as an alliance

To solve theoretical lag:
- It could become a seasonal event
- Calculations and land change made at day change

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1