How Does Disease Affect Population?

Mikhail Gorbachev

Does it have a direct affect on popultion, or does it just determine how much my population grows when I buy infastructure?

I guess what I'm asking is this: if I would to decrease my polution (and therefore, my disease rate), would it immediately have an effect on my population, or would I only feel it eventually after I bought more infastructure?

I guess technically only Sheepy could give me the precise answer to this, but I'm hoping others may know. ;)

You will always get the exact same base population for every infra you bought, disease and crime are the factors that reduced them. Both can be undone at any time whenever you built things that can negate them. So yeah, buying lands/hospitals would give you instant population.

The disease formula is... ((0.01*((Infra/land)^2) - 25)/100) + (infra/1000) + pollution*0.05

And the population reduction from disease is that number multiplied by your infrastructure.

• Upvote 1
UedhRvY.png

exactly 

Population's formula is....

(Infra*100 - (((0.01*((Base_population / Land area) ^ 2) - 25)/100 + Infra/1000 + Pollution * 0.05) - Hospitals*2.5) * Infra - (((((103 - Commerce) ^ 2) + Infra * 100) / 111111 - Police_Stations*2.5) * Infra * 10) -25) * (1+City_Age/3000)

So my city of love has (70,000 - 3913 - 4808.6168) * 1.0216667 population, which is 62,606

• Upvote 1

tumblr_n08c8brOmX1sk379io6_250.gif

Going for top nation

You will always get the exact same base population for every infra you bought, disease and crime are the factors that reduced them. Both can be undone at any time whenever you built things that can negate them. So yeah, buying lands/hospitals would give you instant population.

The disease formula is... ((0.01*((Infra/land)^2) - 25)/100) + (infra/1000) + pollution*0.05

And the population reduction from disease is that number multiplied by your infrastructure.

Sweet ok. So I should build dat subway in the city with more people?

Sweet ok. So I should build dat subway in the city with more people?

Subway is only worth it when your city has 1000+ infra and near 100% commerce. Other than that, there are more profitable options.

If you want to reduce disease, try buying more land or building a recycling center instead

Edited by Atzuya
UedhRvY.png