Orange Man Gives: TKR's Holiday Charity Donation Drive is Back with a Twist

Canbec

I've been volunteering with Samaritans (a charity that assists people who need to talk, be they suicidal, lonely or just going through a difficult time) for years now. Idk if that counts for the draw though because I've been doing it for ages.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I donate to St. judes children hospital mostly or on occasion some veteran suicide prevention firms

This year i donated lots to the local lgbt center cause they provide important transitioning services.

Not sure if they will make the list

Edited by Nokia Rokia
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some work with the Samaritans through donating produce/plants and stuff that I grew in my backyard to them. I've done more niche produce because I think they often don't have herbs and stuff to cook with, and since I can only make a small amount, that's where I can help out the most. I think it's closely related to the food bank in my area. I also do a program associated with my public library in my community where I tutor children in basic English literacy. There are a lot of people in my city, either through just moving to the US or having insufficient schooling, that are illiterate, so I help out where I can. I think literacy is one of the most important steps towards achieving economic independence and getting out poverty. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/28/2022 at 2:50 AM, VoidTree said:

I've done some work with the Samaritans through donating produce/plants and stuff that I grew in my backyard to them. I've done more niche produce because I think they often don't have herbs and stuff to cook with, and since I can only make a small amount, that's where I can help out the most. I think it's closely related to the food bank in my area. I also do a program associated with my public library in my community where I tutor children in basic English literacy. There are a lot of people in my city, either through just moving to the US or having insufficient schooling, that are illiterate, so I help out where I can. I think literacy is one of the most important steps towards achieving economic independence and getting out poverty. 

Out of interest, which country is this? I know that in the UK the samaritans is purely a crisis service.