Jump to content

Graphic Nation Description Promoting Genocide


Zephyr
 Share

Recommended Posts

Nation: Social Justice Warland
Leader: Dana X
Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=177819
Offending Content: Nation description containing graphic imagery promoting genocide. Nation page screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/UnkznbF.jpg Offending content image link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/619305673812869156/631192364303515648/goon_terror.png

I know I've already reported this nation in-game before, but I have to wonder if Alex is actually the one that processed the report because I know that he has previously taken action against nations promoting violence and I find it hard to believe one literally promoting genocide is acceptable by his standards. If so, an explanation would be in order.

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Perhaps I don't understand exactly how the nation is promoting genocide?

That certainly would not be acceptable, but I don't know that I'm seeing that here. The image they have in their nation description is a bit violent, but it looks more like a "guillotine the rich" rather than genocide to me.

What it looks like is two people celebrating successful executions with bloodied blades under a banner that says "No religion", implying it promotes the extermination of religious people. It may actually be referencing the French Revolution, however even that, while not 'genocide', still involved the execution of tens of thousands of civilians. I would argue fondly promoting either type of mass murder of civilians is inappropriate.

Edited by Zephyr
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Salt Meat said:

"The French Revolution is too violent to reference", he posts unironically and with no self awareness from his Viking themed account.

It's a graphic image promoting mass murder of civilians. It's not simply a 'reference' as you disingenuously put it, a convenient reframing to make it sound innocuous. My nation has a fictional Viking theme without graphic imagery, and does not promote the extermination of civilians or religious groups. These things are not comparable.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Salt Meat said:

"A convenient, disingenuous reframing" he posts unironically and with no self awareness while calling the French Revolution a genocide.

Where did I call the French Revolution a genocide?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Where did I call the French Revolution a genocide?

Begging your pardon, but the image in question that you reported in the OP is most definitely of the French Revolution; the little badges on their hats are extremely specific. The image itself is actually a British satire political cartoon mocking the revolution and concomitant bloodshed, which was of course a well documented historical fact. ...Which is very much the opposite of "promoting" said massacres, at least as it was used originally; used here unironically it could potentially be interpreted that way.

Meanwhile, you very much did state in your report that the image promoted genocide, so I can only imagine that's what is being referred to.

For what its worth, the French Revolution doesn't quite fit the criteria of a genocide as defined by modern law insofar as I can tell, but is much closer to it than the entirety of the history of Viking raids/conquests.

Image reference I found: https://alphahistory.com/frenchrevolution/reign-of-terror/

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
Adding source material
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Begging your pardon, but the image in question that you reported in the OP is most definitely of the French Revolution; the little badges on their hats are extremely specific. The image itself is actually a British satire political cartoon mocking the revolution and concomitant bloodshed, which was of course a well documented historical fact. ...Which is very much the opposite of "promoting" said massacres, at least as it was used originally; used here unironically it could potentially be interpreted that way.

Meanwhile, you very much did state in your report that the image promoted genocide, so I can only imagine that's what is being referred to.

For what its worth, the French Revolution doesn't quite fit the criteria of a genocide as defined by modern law insofar as I can tell, but is much closer to it than the entirety of the history of Viking raids/conquests.

Image reference I found: https://alphahistory.com/frenchrevolution/reign-of-terror/

I argued that at face value...

On 12/2/2020 at 1:23 PM, Zephyr said:

What it looks like is two people celebrating successful executions with bloodied blades under a banner that says "No religion", implying it promotes the extermination of religious people...

Which I then followed up with...

On 12/2/2020 at 1:23 PM, Zephyr said:

...It may actually be referencing the French Revolution, however even that, while not 'genocide', still involved the execution of tens of thousands of civilians.

Indicating my own awareness that the French Revolution does not satisfy the definition of genocide.

Salt Meat is just spamming the thread with facetious remarks because they can.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Alex locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.