Improvements and not having the infra to support them.

Prefontaine

At one point you couldn't have more units of any type than you had soldiers, someone told me it was ridiculous and so it was changed. (This was some time ago). Now, it appears, it is not so ridiculous, and the number of tanks/ships/aircraft should in fact be pegged to soldier count.

Yes. 100% yes. Whoever told you it was stupid is terribly wrong.

BbWk4MB.jpg

At one point you couldn't have more units of any type than you had soldiers, someone told me it was ridiculous and so it was changed. (This was some time ago). Now, it appears, it is not so ridiculous, and the number of tanks/ships/aircraft should in fact be pegged to soldier count.

it wasn't. they cost upkeep and you provoking game population not to build military at all. it is not improvements flaw that allow my allaince of 3 people have tenfolds tanks then everyone else.

tanks limitation, improvements disabling only work against nations that are raided. when they realize that they will whine even harder.

Really though, it's not even about Demon or the raiders. This is something that makes sense as a game mechanic. It's about strategy. If I'm fighting someone with three cities, I'm going to want to hit them based on what improvements it's going to disable. If I want to slow their tank production, I'm going to hit the city that has factories. If I want to hurt their air force, I'll hit their air base.

What we have now doesn't make sense and, in my opinion, is only hurting the game.

BbWk4MB.jpg

I think this topic needs to be discussed more in depth. Your total number of tanks SHOULD be limited by the number of soldiers. You need soldiers to operate tanks, do you not? Number of tanks should be limited by number of solders divided by 3 or 4 (driver, navigator, weapons operator). Also, planes and ships should be limited by number of solders as well. Any time you deploy tanks, it should remove that count from your solders. If you have 10000 soldiers and 100 tanks, and you run a ground strike, it should only count 9700 soldiers for 100 tanks. Conversely, if you have 100 tanks and only 200 soldiers, you should only be able to deploy 67 tanks. If you lose 2 tanks, you should lose 6 soldiers. The Burke Class destroyer of the US Navy has a crew compliment of 275. It should take at LEAST 275 soldiers to operate 1 ship. It would be a small dent to the strength of these units, but it would make the war a lot more realistic.

Unless these are unmanned tanks/planes/ships...

• Administrators

Or if you figure in each tank comes with it's 3 operators separate from the number of soldiers you have.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Still, if you do 3-1 one full barracks can pilot 1000 tanks. 1000 tanks is 2 full factories and worth 40000 soldiers. I still think the best option is you can produce military if you don't have the infra to support your buildings. It's like power. So if you have 10/9 buildings, one barracks is offline. Etc.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif