A very Good Argument for Scottish Independence

Adama

And another excellent point by our regional Scottish expert...

But seriously, how do you feel about the idea of Scotland gaining independence, would it be a good thing, a bad? Is it a bad thing economically but a good thing for British society over all? 

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Economically both nations will take a hit, but if you're willing to secede then it should be an accepted risk imo. The US went through a depression as a direct result of the revolution, it's just something that you have to work through. As for whether or not I agree with them, if it's what their people want and they've got the balls to do it then I say go for it.

• Upvote 1

uHQTKq6.png

Thing is. 

The majority of the Scots(Myself included) who actually have a brain. Understand that breaking away from the rest of the UK just wouldn't benefit either side long term.

Thing is. Scotland actually has the potential to have a greater economic output that the rest of the UK and Ireland put together, however the current government in Westminster uses Scotlands wealth to improve the south of England. We're not happy with that. 

However I don't think breaking off is going to solve that issue. There needs to be a huge focus in Scotland from the rest of the UK for jobs and infrastructure. It's got huge potential to drive the UK's economy up and be a manufacturing hub again. I think if the referendum does not come to pass, there should be talks held along with protests to force the government into pumping cash into Scotland to bring back work. 

If the campaign does work and Scotland becomes independent however. It'll take at least a generation for the country to stabilise and become fully functional.

I'm Scottish by birth, I was born on the Isle of Skye. However I am British above all else.  I personally would not become a Scottish citizen if the country decided to vote for independence as I feel it's a huge betrayal against the country I'm proud to be apart off. 

Independence is fuel'd by unemployed 20 somethings that've lived their entire lives in council estates that think the battle of Bannockburn was last year. They don't understand the long term concequences of independence for Scotland and the rest of the UK. 

I unfortunately await the results next week as I have most of my family in Scotland and it will effect me. Even though, being born in Scotland I'm uneligable to vote.

• Upvote 1

Speaking as a european myself, it's ... well... dangerous for the union imo. Catalonia is just the next region that wants independence, and perhaps more will follow. Scotland isn't automatically a member of the eu, it has to re-apply; the Bank of England also doesn't allow them to use the pound sterling, so they don't have a currency either. A weaker UK means a weaker eu, I mean Scotland has the vast majority of british oil (and uk relies very heavily on oil), it has the harbours for the nuclear submarines and, of course, lots of landmass.

If you look at the politics.... if the unionists lose, Cameron loses. He's a damn good leader, but if one region breaks away, he won't survive that politically. Then which party will gain? Imo, UKIP. The ones who want the UK to secede from the eu, which would leave the eu struggling with its existence. 

Personally I gotta say Scotland was a part of the UK so long, UK is atm on an economical success trip, don't ruin it. 

Here's Gordon Brown (former PM of UK and scot):

Don't you got the North-Sea Oil?  Just play little Norway, get rich and shit without EU and Uk and so...

Who would be proud to be part of an "Empire" which dismantled itself in like 60 years without even losing a war and being the outcast of the EU o_O

Don't you got the North-Sea Oil?  Just play little Norway, get rich and !@#$ without EU and Uk and so...

Who would be proud to be part of an "Empire" which dismantled itself in like 60 years without even losing a war and being the outcast of the EU o_O

Didn't you listen to Brown? Oil revenue is far less than the expenditures...

Speaking as a european myself, it's ... well... dangerous for the union imo. Catalonia is just the next region that wants independence, and perhaps more will follow. Scotland isn't automatically a member of the eu, it has to re-apply; the Bank of England also doesn't allow them to use the pound sterling, so they don't have a currency either. A weaker UK means a weaker eu, I mean Scotland has the vast majority of british oil (and uk relies very heavily on oil), it has the harbours for the nuclear submarines and, of course, lots of landmass.

If you look at the politics.... if the unionists lose, Cameron loses. He's a damn good leader, but if one region breaks away, he won't survive that politically. Then which party will gain? Imo, UKIP. The ones who want the UK to secede from the eu, which would leave the eu struggling with its existence. 

Personally I gotta say Scotland was a part of the UK so long, UK is atm on an economical success trip, don't ruin it. 

Here's Gordon Brown (former PM of UK and scot):

Brown was a prick. He doesn't fully grasp the scots side, due to the fact he's up his own arse with the English.

Ragnar don't lie, you were the guy playing the imperial march behind the English politicians.

You know it baby.

g3qrmVp.jpg

Reading the writing on the wall and actually acting on it isn't so shabby but it's a shame they still haven't grasped the EU.

6hu5nt.jpg