Suggestion (Oversea Army Deployment)

Lucy Heartfilia

It would be nice if we were able to deploy army overseas, For example if an ally is under attack, we can send military to aid him/her. 
If the receiver has enough storage space then he can receive up to that amount of  unit, eg. if someone has 1 barrack he can get upto 3000 soldiers from other nation. :3

This is a bad idea. If the number if troops you can send is limited by the receiving nation's build capacity, it has no utility, and if it is not so limited, it is overpowered.

Edited by Grillick

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

It does have utility if they can't build anymore because of the time restrictions or tanks and planes because of a lack of cash (before you say they can just send them the cash, what about if you don't have the cash but you already have the military) and yes I think it should come from your current military

T7Vrilp.png

That restriction is there for a reason.

Let's say you have a raider. He lowers his score by selling off his military. He attacks a smaller nation and then his buddies send him their military so that the smaller nation didn't stand a chance. It's going to be abused.

• Upvote 1

BbWk4MB.jpg

Raiders could send troops to help each other raid, but conversely large nations in an alliance could flood troops into smaller nations to insulate them from attack, or let them hit anyone at their level with impunity. If this was to be allowed, there should be limits on troops that can be sent, and perhaps soldiers on overseas duty would cost 2 times as much as normal.

• Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Our Alliance was in a war recently, and most of the smaller nations suffered at the hand of The Raiders Return, only because the stonger members of the alliance had too high score to jump into the war directly, they only help they could provide was monetary. If they could send their troops, the smaller nations could have been protected.
And the idea about deployed units cost twice is a good idea, but i think 1.5 would be better. <3

Raiders could send troops to help each other raid, but conversely large nations in an alliance could flood troops into smaller nations to insulate them from attack, or let them hit anyone at their level with impunity. If this was to be allowed, there should be limits on troops that can be sent, and perhaps soldiers on overseas duty would cost 2 times as much as normal.

Except they can't, because it's still restricted by the number of bunkers a nation has, and should also still face the restrictions the nation would normally have. If you look through my history you can see that I used to feel similarly to this when I first started, but as I've played I've come to understand why these restrictions are in place and why it's a bad idea.

The key isn't to use force directly, but to bombard your allied nations with money and resources so that they stand a chance.

It's a poor idea that isn't actually going to help anyone you want it to help. It will be abused, it will only make your smaller allied nations more vulnerable.

Edited by Despartainian

BbWk4MB.jpg

What would definetely help, and would strengthen the base sense of alliances (=protect their members) would be some central command within alliances (like the SACEUR in NATO). Set a "military tax rate" that determines a percentage of total alliance units can be commanded by 1 military leader.... ;)

not , that idea is not feasible at all. it will be exploited . some nations will deliberately not build any military at all and when they are raided they call upon their allies to send troops to defend them. think how much these nation have saved in terms of upkeep cost? And alliance can exploit this , maybe they assign only 1/3 of their members to build military and the rest only focus on mining or manufacturing resources and when those nations without military of their own is being attacked they just request for the so called " Overseas military deployment" to defend them.

and also currently one nation is limited to 3 attacks slots. but we open this option up then GOD knows how many troops you are up against with  although only 3 nations attacking, but the entire alliance deploying troops overseas to help in the act of aggression .

Back to your topic of small nations being raided ,  why haven't they build up sufficient military to defend themselves? It cant be they are new nations as new nations are protected by beige. So my take is they are inactive. so I think is better to delete inactive accounts rather than to artificially think of way to protect them 

Edited by vincentsum8