Group rebuilding proposal.

Prefontaine

Like I said before, we will remember those who help us. I'm personally set. So spread the wealth to those who arent.

Most people love us, or despise us. Very little inbetween. Those that offered to help know us well enough to know that if you ever need a hand with anything, TEst will be there guns blazing.

Thanks in advance. Obligatory: Don't break the bank trying to help. We are big boys and will knock the dust off in time.

• Upvote 1

q8nfyvc.gif

Those that offered to help know us well enough to know that if you ever need a hand with anything, TEst will be there guns blazing

"TEst can I get help opening this cookie jar?" *TEst runs into the room shooting the cookie jar with AK-47's*

Edited by Shellhound
  • Upvote 1

uHQTKq6.png

Atlas will be sending directly from our bank, so we will collect there and send it.

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

I actually don't want you to help us at all. We've taken minor damages from them and have already payed back those who fought ourselves. There are smaller alliances, or alliances who have really been hit hard and hurt from this unfair incident. I was looking to help them, not ourselves. If I was looking for help for just my alliance, I would have spoken to alliances I'm friends with not come peddling here. 

The sentiment has been less than stellar towards this idea, and that's all it was. I thought this could be something the community to work together for; to grow together for. In political situations such as these you get to see how alliances truly are. This situation, yes, most major alliances (top 10) would likely lose more money than they'd gain to help feed the smaller ones, but what you gain in how your viewed by the alliances you helped without looking for personal gain says something more about your alliance that pixels can. 

I'm sad this project idea didn't gain more traction. I am an idealist, and I guess my thoughts were mistaken this time. I will speak to the alliances which showed some interest in helping fund rebuilding. Since the pool is smaller on which alliances would participate we'll be better served helping fewer people instead of giving 10k to everyone that fought. We can work out how to move forward with this idea (if at all), and how to delegate our aid. When an alliance is a victim of circumstances involving cheating, they should be helped by those lucky enough to not have been targeted (or as severely).

To those who want to point out Guardian's past in terms of cheating, I will say this. I am not those people. 

Don't let it get you down Pre. It's both a noble and excellent idea. Reaching out to help devastated alliances, especially smaller, less wealthy ones is a wonderful act of community, friendship and generosity. It's a step towards fostering the type of global community that it's a pleasure to be a part of. 

Obviously some alliances will benefit more than others. So what? Some alliances were hit harder than others, and some alliances are less able to rebuild than others. If you're that self-interested and greedy that you can't or won't abide a situation where you don't benefit as much or more than everyone else, well not only is that just said, frankly in the long run that attitude will hurt you more than help, as less and less people will interested in aiding you in the future. 

And it that's the case, and you just aren't interested in the concept of helping alliances that aren't your own out, that's a valid perspective, but at least have the guts to own up to your motives. Don't hide behind the idea that participating in this effort would somehow cripple your own alliance. 50% of income for 1 DAY is hardly a damaging amount long term, or even short term quite frankly.

While I no longer speak for SK's govt Pre, I can say that I heartily applaud this idea, and I've brought it up within SK to very positive response. Talk to Cody about specifics, but I'm sure we'll be happy to help with this plan. 

wF9Bjre.gif