Adding depth to the RP on the nation page

Raphael

Much like how team color matters but only slightly, I suggest making other elements in the game matter but only slightly.

Some examples:

1. Trades executed via Shared Markets give the buyer a 1% discount on the trade. The seller gets the full amount, the game just covers the difference.

2. Economic policies matter with each type boosting something. Far Right decreases military upkeep by 1%, Right increases commerce in cities by 1%, Moderate increases raw resource production by 1%, Left increases farm output by 1%, Far left decreases infrastructure purchase cost by 1%.

3. If your currency matches your alliance currency then you get a 1% gross income bonus.

4. Alliance seniority and nation page visits have ranks. Seniority can reflect "newbie/regular/veteran/ancient/founder", nation page visits can reflect "nobody/small fish/known name/rising star/celebrity"

• Upvote 1

1. This amounts to printing money. I'd take all the money in my alliance's bank, divide it by the maximum per-unit value of a trade, and trade that much food back and forth between my nation and the nation of another alliance officer.

2. This wouldn't really enhance roleplay because it would be used to accelerate nation growth independent of IC ideology. 1% boosts aren't that far off from the boosts that already come from domestic policies. That's not a reason to be against this particular change, but it's not an RP change because it isn't inconsequential.

3. Let's not widen the income gap between the whales and the mid tier. There are enough game balance issues associated with upper tier wealth hoarding already.

4. Not exactly roleplay in my book, but it's completely cosmetic and therefore harmless.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Edward I said:

1. This amounts to printing money. I'd take all the money in my alliance's bank, divide it by the maximum per-unit value of a trade, and trade that much food back and forth between my nation and the nation of another alliance officer.

2. This wouldn't really enhance roleplay because it would be used to accelerate nation growth independent of IC ideology. 1% boosts aren't that far off from the boosts that already come from domestic policies. That's not a reason to be against this particular change, but it's not an RP change because it isn't inconsequential.

3. Let's not widen the income gap between the whales and the mid tier. There are enough game balance issues associated with upper tier wealth hoarding already.

4. Not exactly roleplay in my book, but it's completely cosmetic and therefore harmless.

1. You're right but it's only an example. There are many functions in the game that serve too limited of a purpose to be "useful" and my point is that it would be cool to see these things fleshed out.

2&4. Not worried about enhancing NRP per se. Just giving mechanical value to some of the otherwise cosmetic values on the nation page. I can see how the title might've implied enhancing RP.

3. I would be genuinely interested in the actual data you have on the topic of whales and an income gap. To my knowledge, income scales linearly while cost for cities increases exponentially so the game seems skewed in favor of the people catching up to the "whales".

Edited by Vivec