New Spy Attack

Viselli

Disabling a project (random or targeted attacks) - only one project can ever be disabled at a time. No more then 24 hours. A random attack had a chance to disable a project for up to 24 hours, while a targeted spy attack does not. A minimum disabled time of 2 hours (1 turn). This works just like any other spy attack, you can succeed and the target does not know who you are, you can succeed and be known etc. In addition to this if I disable your ITC, only you and I get a message stating that specific project is disabled for "X" turns. No indication is reflected on the nation page to show that your have been effected by this and which project is disabled. Any other nation who attempts this action will be met with a message stating you can't do this or something along those lines. Meaning If I spy attack you with this and win, only I get a message stating what is shut down (besides the defending nation that is). It is not publicly shown that projects are disabled.

If this is implemented then it would make spy attacks more useful in times of war, with the ability to disarm defensive projects such as the iron dome or vital defense system to open up a window of attack. This could also be used to shut down nuclear weapon or missile production for a short time. By allowing spy attacks to be more meaningful during war it gives us more options then just attacking with conventional weaponry like planes. In addition to the war implications shutting down international trade center or one of the other economic projects let alliances attack each other economically, a coordinated "economic strike" could be used to hinder market rivals or act as an alternative to the ineffective embargo system.

Credit for the idea goes to Dreadnought but he "don’t do forms, lol."

• Upvote 2

gg-fu-banner.png

I actually like this

You could harass whales with disabling ITC and possibly do lots of Economic damage by buffering their revenue

At the same time, this has some pretty sick ability in war.

It's gotta be on par with nuclear weapon destruction or maybe even harder, possibly being only a 25-50 or 50-75 even with 0 spies for the target and 60 for the spy attacker.

• Upvote 1