Game Suggestion:- Politics and War Annual "Speed Week"

For a while, I've been thinking of having a "Speed Week" for P&W. This is how it would work...Whatever you make in one day/whatever happens in one day, is sped up, so that it happens in only 30 minutes. Essentially, if you make x amount of money in one day, you would get that x amount in just 30 minutes. The same thing would apply for military action points, retirement of baseball players, resource production, city/project cooldown timer, etc. This would not only allow players to get their score up by a lot, and overall be a unique, and interesting experience, but also attract many new players to the game. The Speed Week would last for one week, and could probably be conducted once or twice a year. I really think that this idea should be considered, and conducted, as it would benefit both players of the game, and it would attract many new players. Please let me know/leave a comment if you think that this idea should be conducted as well.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Polar Bear ArcticExplorer said:

snip

While I do like this idea, I do not think that a day's worth of resources should be given in 30 minutes. What if it was like the test server (4x) for a day? Maybe the whole game switches to x2 speed for the week?

inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

10 hours ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

While I do like this idea, I do not think that a day's worth of resources should be given in 30 minutes. What if it was like the test server (4x) for a day? Maybe the whole game switches to x2 speed for the week?

Even x2 speed is quite fast; the 4x speed (30 minutes/turn) in test server is absolute mayhem to try and stay on top of. You literally can only sleep for 3 hours before someone's blitz starts causing you to lose action points, and you can easily outright lose a war in less than 18 hours. x2 speed would allow people to sleep for about 7 hours at least.

If every day were 30 minutes... no. Just no.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 2