Special Recognition

Thalmor

1 hour ago, Dubayoo said:

We're not talking about him as an individual at this point.  We're talking about the character of your alliance or rather the lack thereof.

Ok... so you're saying that KT as a whole is rude and unsportsmanlike, an interesting conclusion based on the activity of ONE member, and that member has already apologized.

Yes, you are talking about him as an individual, because you're drawing conclusions from just one recent event.

On 7/28/2017 at 7:54 PM, Dubayoo said:

This is exactly why I rejected the initial offer KT sent me to join before I joined Arrgh.  It seemed highly suspicious of being poorly mannered.

I'm not surprised though.  They're named after a fraternity IRL that behaves the same way.

Ironically, you yourself are unsportsmanlike when you make snarky comments like these.

Cheers!

If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid. ?

12 hours ago, Edwardidk said:

Ok... so you're saying that KT as a whole is rude and unsportsmanlike, an interesting conclusion based on the activity of ONE member, and that member has already apologized.

Yes, you are talking about him as an individual, because you're drawing conclusions from just one recent event.

Ironically, you yourself are unsportsmanlike when you make snarky comments like these.

I came to that conclusion long before the behavior at hand.  The behavior here is just a continuation of that.  It's not just about the member who did this either.  It's also about the fact that he's been celebrated by your leader of all people.  

There are serious discipline issues in your group in how you administer it among yourselves.

15 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

I came to that conclusion long before the behavior at hand.

And what evidence allowed you to conclude that?

16 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

It's also about the fact that he's been celebrated by your leader of all people.  

Ok... so he can't be applauded by a leader for some achievement if he's made some kind of mistake. Is that what you're saying?

Cheers!

17 hours ago, Edwardidk said:

And what evidence allowed you to conclude that?

Ok... so he can't be applauded by a leader for some achievement if he's made some kind of mistake. Is that what you're saying?

Initially it came from talking with members who wanted to recruit me.  I mentioned how I'm part of another fraternity in real life that's prohibited from associating with the Knights Templar fraternity, so I needed to know if you were associated with them.  There are reasons for that prohibition that deal with the fraternity having a two-faced attitude problem that looks pleasant on the surface, but is sinister at a deeper level.  I was told you're not associated with them, but when we had discussions on principles, your members emulated the same principles that the real life KT have which don't ensure against sinister two-faced attitudes.

Then, it continued with looking at your alliance page before looking at previous posts made by your alliance members on the forum.  It became very clear that your "crusading" attitude isn't for real.  It's just a guise used bully others around.  Your alliance confuses offensive strategies in the course of playing to win with being offensively unsportsmanlike. 

Put simply, your alliance doesn't appreciate the difference between playing offense and being offensive.

Edited by Dubayoo

2 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

Initially it came from talking with members who wanted to recruit me.  I mentioned how I'm part of another fraternity in real life that's prohibited from associating with the Knights Templar fraternity, so I needed to know if you were associated with them.  There are reasons for that prohibition that deal with the fraternity having a two-faced attitude problem that looks pleasant on the surface, but is sinister at a deeper level.  I was told you're not associated with them, but when we had discussions on principles, your members emulated the same principles that the real life KT have which don't ensure against sinister two-faced attitudes.

Then, it continued with looking at your alliance page before looking at previous posts made by your alliance members on the forum.  It became very clear that your "crusading" attitude isn't for real.  It's just a guise used bully others around.  Your alliance confuses offensive strategies in the course of playing to win with being offensively unsportsmanlike. 

Put simply, your alliance doesn't appreciate the difference between playing offense and being offensive.

So basically since SOME of our alliance members have the same political views as some fraternity that is named after the same historical group we're named after, that means that we have to share the same "sinister two-faced attitudes"? That's quite a conclusion you're jumping to.

Although I agree that sometimes, sometimes our members get too personal and act in an unsportsmanlike manner, that doesn't allow you to draw the conclusion that the whole alliance is unsportsmanlike, and neither does that mean that we don't "appreciate the difference between playing offensive and being offensive".

• Upvote 4

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Edwardidk said:

So basically since SOME of our alliance members have the same political views as some fraternity that is named after the same historical group we're named after, that means that we have to share the same "sinister two-faced attitudes"? That's quite a conclusion you're jumping to.

Although I agree that sometimes, sometimes our members get too personal and act in an unsportsmanlike manner, that doesn't allow you to draw the conclusion that the whole alliance is unsportsmanlike, and neither does that mean that we don't "appreciate the difference between playing offensive and being offensive".

Alliances aren't like demographics.  They are social groups that you identify with (unless it's a group like Arrgh which is more of a network than an alliance).  When an attitude problem festers in your group, it suggests what the rest of the group stands for since it's willing to tolerate the attitude problem.

The failure to discipline that attitude problem suggests your group at the very least lacks civic responsibility.  At the very most, it suggests status in your group is defined by that attitude problem, particularly when your leader indulges in it.  Short of a coup and a revolution taking place in how your alliance is governed, there's no good reason to believe your alliance is good.

Edited by Dubayoo

5 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

Alliances aren't like demographics.  They are social groups that you identify with (unless it's a group like Arrgh which is more of a network than an alliance).  When an attitude problem festers in your group, it suggests what the rest of the group stands for since it's willing to tolerate the attitude problem.

The failure to discipline that attitude problem suggests your group at the very least lacks civic responsibility.  At the very most, it suggests status in your group is defined by that attitude problem, particularly when your leader indulges in it.  Short of a coup and a revolution taking place in how your alliance is governed, there's no good reason to believe your alliance is good.

What you fail to realize is that the alliances in PnW aren't some solid thing that doesn't ever change. New people come in, make mistakes, and then the alliance takes appropriate action to fix it. There's really no way to stop mistakes from being made before the alliance is aware of them.

About the last part, how do you know that we don't take care of these problems? Have you been in KT? Do you know how our internal policies work? You don't, and therefore are making assumptions. We do take care of these problems. Recently, have you seen any of our gov members purposely making inflammatory comments just to get reactions? I bet the answer to that question is a giant no.

• Upvote 1

Cheers!

On 8/3/2017 at 0:58 AM, Edwardidk said:

What you fail to realize is that the alliances in PnW aren't some solid thing that doesn't ever change. New people come in, make mistakes, and then the alliance takes appropriate action to fix it. There's really no way to stop mistakes from being made before the alliance is aware of them.

idk  because i skipped all the long messages about you arguing but if you skim this, looks like your downing KT 

Also up to the last page, looked like a propaganda thread from Scientology lol -

download.jpg

Edited by King Gorge

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

Im seeing where people forget that he is a student in a training alliance, and is undergoing training and education to not only be a fighter who loves the fight not just the win, but also to be a good "sport" as you say when it comes to opponents. I understand that Knights Templar will be judged by the actions of Esquire Templar nations both good AND bad but its up to orbis to realize that these are new nations and have to grow just like we all did when we were new

• Upvote 4