FA guide

Yang

When most of the stuff here is common sense but alliances over the years fail to follow anyways.

I'll miss you anyway, though, especially talking on the Discord and all.  :P

• Upvote 3

Z98SzIG.png

When most of the stuff here is common sense but alliances over the years fail to follow anyways.

I'll still be on discord. I join this game for the chat rooms lol

• Upvote 1

Yea, I have to agree with this...

...and unfortunately, it's not that good of a guide because of that.  

A good guide doesn't describe common sense.  It explains common sense.  

The guide gives the impression that FA is something you either get or you don't.  There's no detailed analysis of extroversion, cunningness, morale, popularity, etc.

That said, if this guide is accurate, then it suggests this game is very broken.  I say this especially from lines like, "Build friendships, very real ones, and build them deep."

Games are played to escape for fun from real life, not remind us of it.  If you're building real friendships, then you've contradicted the point of playing a game.

"Guide" is a misleading word. Maybe "checklist" might be better, just not as catchy. It's not there to hold anyone's hand through anything. But rather to improve on existing alliances which have a lot of these holes in their FA, whether new ones or the ones that have been around for years.

I kept this as absolutely compact as possible. It's targeted at experienced FA people and every one of these is something one alliance or another have missed.

Other departments like milcom, IA, econ, have clear job descriptions. FA tends to go in the direction of "let's post non stop on 20 discord servers and get burnt out."

If you're building real friendships, then you've contradicted the point of playing a game.

A lot of us play MMOs for the social part. There are even people who fly around, meet each other, make out, get married. It's fun!

But regardless of whether it's the best way to play, anyone who doesn't play a politics game that way will be at a disadvantage. Friends > infra. Friends > big faceless ally. Friends playing a game together don't complain about 100% taxes or losing several wars in a row. It's surprisingly not a very casual game.

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...
On 6/5/2017 at 10:16 AM, Dubayoo said:

That said, if this guide is accurate, then it suggests this game is very broken.  I say this especially from lines like, "Build friendships, very real ones, and build them deep."

Games are played to escape for fun from real life, not remind us of it.  If you're building real friendships, then you've contradicted the point of playing a game.

Bruh, have you never made friends playing games before? Like a crap ton of people play games exclusively to build friendships lol

Each of us bears his own Hell - Virgil

13 hours ago, Chidz said:

Bruh, have you never made friends playing games before? Like a crap ton of people play games exclusively to build friendships lol

Yea, but those people usually ruin the games by creating a clique that outcasts anyone they don't like.  The population gradually whittles down over time, and developers are afraid to confront the clique because it's the evidential player base.

There's nothing wrong with creating friendships, but they should be aside from game strategy itself.

• Upvote 1