What gets you going?

Frank Todd

Greetings from A. Vulpes.

I'm not what you would consider a spiritual or religious man (in RL), but as of late I've been feeling more at peace with myself than usual, and was thinking... What is it that gets me going?

For me, it's seeing the kindness that some people can create, or even certain video games that evoke awe and wonder in me.

What is it that gets you going? I'm genuinely curious.

And please, only have positive things to respond on this with. I will erase, or have a mod erase negative troll posts.

Thank you.

A. Vulpes

d0r0WcS.gif

A sense of humor and a sense of tradgedy. And yes, grasping onto those occasional kindnesses. Because, there is so much ugliness that you have to laugh at it, take it in stride, and enjoy the gems in the muck.

Shrooms are nice. Alcohol is awesome. Sleep. Generally, altered states are best states. Also, throwing myself completely out of my routines and comforts to totally mind-!@#$ my brain. Doing so makes you as present as possible.

• Upvote 1

When I first read this, I did not anticipate that the "gets you going" would be in a positive context.

My top 5 in no particular order:

1. Sitting by the shore of Lake Superior.
  2. Looking out from the top of a mountain.
  3. Making eye contact with my infant son.
  4. Seeing someone have a Eureka moment when explaining something complicated.
  5. Learning something new.
  • Upvote 1

Watching my kids grow up and become incredible people.

Spending time with the wife.

A gorgeous sunset on the lake.

And some Psilocybe semilanceata from time to time.

When I first read this, I did not anticipate that the "gets you going" would be in a positive context.

My top 5 in no particular order:

1. Sitting by the shore of Lake Superior.
  2. Looking out from the top of a mountain.
  3. Making eye contact with my infant son.
  4. Seeing someone have a Eureka moment when explaining something complicated.
  5. Learning something new.

I'd like to think a little combination of these two.  My two kids are in their mid and early teens and watching them grow and develop into what I think are some great young adults has been incredible so far.  Seeing them grasp those difficult concepts whether its school related in certain subjects or in how to deal with people and handling situations on their own is pretty cool to see.  Me being a retired navy guy, I guess a sense of duty, helping where needed.  I know I still have a long way to go, but looking to the future.  A future where my kids are grown and on their own, done with college and the wife and I can fully retire and do the things we want like traveling and exploring.......just for us

• Upvote 3

X4EfkAB.png

Doing things. Messing things up. Going where people have never gone before.

A lot of my life choices have been borderline suicidal risk, but they made me a lot of money. I guess they were good choices.

I never actually had the luxury of degree > stable well-paid job > relationship > kids. So I enjoy the chaos wherever I can.

• 2 weeks later...

This was overwhelmingly positive, I was honestly not expecting people to respond to this.

I'm glad to see people's aspirations and positive things online for a change. Quite admirable, all of you.

d0r0WcS.gif

Doing things. Messing things up. Going where people have never gone before.

A lot of my life choices have been borderline suicidal risk, but they made me a lot of money. I guess they were good choices.

I never actually had the luxury of degree > stable well-paid job > relationship > kids. So I enjoy the chaos wherever I can.

There's nothing wrong with chaos, some of us (Follower of the god of madness), would say that chaos is what makes life tick.

d0r0WcS.gif

A broad reason is the will to power. The specific reason, is to find the truth, help others, and those I love and care for.

Will to Power is for the young and charmed. Eventually, you need to appreciate that Sense of Tragedy.