Two Errors with the Stat Tracker

Greatnate

What were you doing: Compiling war statistics for Alpha, t$, and TEst over the last month.

What happened: I encountered two errors. First, it appears that data was not recorded for 2016-04-24. Second, when compiling resource usage data (which is a great feature) Alpha's aluminum usage figures seem to be at least 100 times higher than they should be, you can find a summary table here. There doesn't appear to be a correlation to missile launches or nuclear launches. I have not scoured the 500 wars to pull accurate plane kills, but the highest usage day is reported as 4.9 million tons of aluminum which is impossibly high.

Link to pages:
Error page for 2016-04-24
Alpha data from 2016-05-01 (Aluminum Bug)

Edited by Greatnate

What were you doing: Compiling war statistics for Alpha, t$, and TEst over the last month.

What happened: I encountered two errors. First, it appears that data was not recorded for 2016-04-24. Second, when compiling resource usage data (which is a great feature) Alpha's aluminum usage figures seem to be at least 100 times higher than they should be, you can find a summary table here. There doesn't appear to be a correlation to missile launches or nuclear launches. I have not scoured the 500 wars to pull accurate plane kills, but the highest usage day is reported as 4.9 million tons of aluminum which is impossibly high.

Link to pages:

Error page for 2016-04-24

Alpha data from 2016-05-01 (Aluminum Bug)

The stats for 04-24 are recorded with the 23rd because the timer never ticked over to the next day. In Orbis, the 24th never existed.

With the resource stats, I think they only update once per day, which may account for the error.

Would be better if there was a way to track planes, tanks, soldiers, and ships destroyed as opposed to resources used. Would give a better idea of what was actually being lost. As well as gas and munitions used in attacks and defense.

Edited by James II

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

• Administrators

I've never officially announced or released it, and yes, there are a number of bugs with it. Eventually I'll get around to refining it and fixing it up, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's "bugged" when most of the players don't even know this exists.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I've never officially announced or released it, and yes, there are a number of bugs with it. Eventually I'll get around to refining it and fixing it up, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's "bugged" when most of the players don't even know this exists.

Then you don't know what the definition of a bug is. :P
  • Upvote 2
RollSheepy.png

• Administrators

How do you go to the stat tracker.

It's not released, completed, or published anywhere. It has been reported several times, so it evidently does not work correctly.

All that said, if you still want to use it for some reason, it's here:

https://politicsandwar.com/index.php?id=132&name=Terminus+Est&type=alliance&date=2015-12-29&submit=Go

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link