Quick Question

Mattal

Just a question about a warning message I received today from sheepy. The warning message said that I had multiple nations and if I don't take them down that he will for me. I would like to say that I do not have another nation. My brother has one but uses his phone, therefore should not be a problem. Could someone please explain?

• Administrators

I've responded to you via in-game PM.

As for your brother playing as well, a network is allowed to have more than one nation so long as they are not working together or connected in any way. This means you cannot be in the same alliance, trade with each other, both attack the same player, etc. as that is cheating and not allowed.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Hello Sheepy, yeah I think that these rules should be stated somewhere and a warning should at least if these rules are breached. My old nation (and account) was deleted a few days back and I received no warning whatsoever and I had no idea I wasn't allowed to be in the same alliance as my brother. Now I have to start from scrap and that is kind of bullsh*t.

• Administrators

Hello Sheepy, yeah I think that these rules should be stated somewhere and a warning should at least if these rules are breached. My old nation (and account) was deleted a few days back and I received no warning whatsoever and I had no idea I wasn't allowed to be in the same alliance as my brother. Now I have to start from scrap and that is kind of bullsh*t.

http://polticsandwar.com/rules/ 

You agreed to those rules when you registered your nation.

1. Each player is only allowed one nation. The use of multiple nations on the same network for the benefit of one is prohibited. Punishment is up to the discretion of the game staff and will likely result in a ban.

I'd be happy you weren't banned.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

In fairness, simply trading with one another and being a member of the same alliance doesn't fall directly within the prohibition in that rule. Use of multiple nations on a single network for the mutual benefit of those multiple nations is not exactly the same thing as using them for the benefit of one. If there were a "primary" nation with several multis set up as sort of vassal states, that would be a clear-cut case.

This sounds more like two brothers who want to play the same game and want to play it together. If it weren't for the fact that there's no way to prove they are different people, I'd say there was nothing wrong with that. If my brother (who lives 2000 miles away from me) were to want to play the game, and join my alliance, that wouldn't be a violation. This is simply because they live together?

Sure, the distinction is probably reasonable, because not making it would open you up to abuse, but it also would be reasonable to be a little less harsh in the punishment. Rather than deleting one nation immediately, issue warnings, and see if the collusion continues.

That's my suggestion, anyway, as a non-moderator.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

• Administrators

Somehow an extra underscore got added on there. http://politicsandwar.com/rules/

You do have a good point, Outburst, I suppose as long as it isn't for the benefit of one it should be okay, except I'm afraid you're going to have issues with nations creating multis not to cheat but to spy on other alliances. I don't know, I'm not sure the best way of dealing with this to be honest, but I would like to keep this game from becoming full of multis.

Forums Rules | Game Link