Steel Revenue bug

Hong Wu

It says on my city manager that I have 18 steel mills, which produce 0.75 per turn. However, in my revenues page, I see that I only have 10.5 in revenue instead of the correct 13.5 that I should have.

Perish in flames, infidels who are too lost in sin to see how badly they will lose if they attack me

It says on my city manager that I have 18 steel mills, which produce 0.75 per turn. However, in my revenues page, I see that I only have 10.5 in revenue instead of the correct 13.5 that I should have.

What is your alliance resource tax rate set to? It's likely the alliance resource tax.

Lol, turns out the Revenue page only refreshes after the next turn. Yeah, I didn't have enough Iron or Coal but it didn't display that.

• Upvote 1

Perish in flames, infidels who are too lost in sin to see how badly they will lose if they attack me

• Administrators

Lol, turns out the Revenue page only refreshes after the next turn. Yeah, I didn't have enough Iron or Coal but it didn't display that.

That's not true; you just can't make steel today with coal and iron you'll have tomorrow. It's not enough to be producing iron and coal, you need to actually have it before you can make the steel.

Also, you should get a big notification at the top of your revenue page if you don't have enough iron and coal for your steel mills.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

you need to always leave yourself 1 extra iron and coal after reviewing your consumption plus alliance tax in order to keep producing steel. This also goes for the power plants if you use uranium to power your cities. 

i.e. a steel mill consumes 3 tons of coal and iron into 9 tons of steel while in a still mill. This means 3 tons of iron and coal consumption is .25 a turn * 18 steel mills = 4.5 tons of coal and iron is consumed per turn. If you have 18 still mills, your iron and coal consumption per day is 54. Make sure you have more than 55 coal and iron and you will be able to produce without having shortages.

Edited by Ezio Auditore